NGD - Birthday self-gifted

• Members

Picked this up yesterday but have been out boozing like a teenager so didn't get a chance to play it til this morning.

jMGLF.jpg

It's a Kopp K-35, based on the old Gibson J-35, nice big fat neck, sounds glorious. I'm not good at describing the specific nuances of acoustic tones so I wont bother, but I'm very happy with it.

:love::love:

• Members

http://www.kevinkopp.com/work.html

Made by Montana based luthier Kevin Kopp, who worked in the Gibson Custom Shop during the 1990s

From the Podium - store where I bought it ..

"This awesome instrument has a few unusual construction features like a ribbon lining instead of slotted kerfing for a stiffer rim assembly, hide glue for the braces and brace end mortices perfectly fit into the ribbon lining, but mainly, its just great old Gibson reincarnated.

Kevin's sunbursts are gorgeous and they are done over an unsealed surface with cotton ball, not sprayed over a sealed surface so they have a unique and very beautiful look. "

• Members

Sweet. Give me some links as to what it is, please. That's a hot piece of guitar.

EDIT: I'm dumb, you say what it is in your post.

You getting rid of all your electric stuff, and going folksy?

I'm not getting rid of all my electric gear, I'm downsizing considerably on that front as I'm moving into a smaller home so wont have much room. This guitar was simply a self indulgent thing after breaking up with my g/f of 10 years and selling my house.

Thanks Phil. Yeah, I've really come to enjoy bigger necks on both electric and acoustics, it just feels really comfortable to my hands.

I've got wee little sausage fingers, so it won't work that way for me. :o

Glad you found something you really like. :cool: Whoever it was that got you such a nice birthday present must really like you. ;):D

• Members

Thanks mate, what did you splurge on?

A new car ('11 Golf GTi DSG), some pedlulz (Tym Tatanka Boost, POG2 and the entire Moog line... also have a P. Cornish SS3, ST2 and NB-3 on the way in July) and currently tossing between a trip to Turkey for 6-months or a PRS Studio. Juckp0rt.

• Members

A new car ('11 Golf GTi DSG), some pedlulz (Tym Tatanka Boost, POG2 and the entire Moog line... also have a P. Cornish SS3, ST2 and NB-3 on the way in July) and currently tossing between a trip to Turkey for 6-months or a PRS Studio. Juckp0rt.

$$MUNNI$$

Archived