NPD x 2 = WIN ... Walrus Audio Voyager and Catalinbread Naga Viper

• Members

Both are AWESOME pedals, but I'll definitely do a separate thread for the Naga Viper review, and maybe for the Voyager.

243072f6.jpg

00aa8005.jpg

I've had the Voyager for about a week now, and while I've heard it's basically a Klone from a few people... I don't see it. I mean, it CAN sound like a Klon at certain settings, and I'm sure the circuitry is similar, but I feel like it's got more versatility in it. Not as much low end as a Madbean Klone I've tried, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It can stay pretty bright yet smooth with the gain below 11:00, but the higher you turn the gain up, the darker and smoother it gets. I think it gets a bit too muddy with the gain past 1:00ish, but I can see how some might perceive it to just sound more full. I think it just sounds glorious with the gain around 9:30-10:00, tone around 2:00, and volume set to taste (either unity gain or boost). These settings give me a nice smooth, transparent boost. My Timmy's used for more of the tight, punchy boost... so the Voyager gives me the smoothness that the Timmy doesn't. :thu:

As for the Naga Viper... I'll do a more lengthy review soon, but let's just say this pedal is the sole reason I'm still up at 3:47 a.m. tonight. I just could NOT stop putting this awesome pedal through it's paces tonight. Not only has it forever changed my perception of treble boosters, but it has quite possibly changed the way I use my entire rig. I will dive into more detail later... ;)

• Members

Naga wut

You're officially one of my favorite people on the planet for whatever part you had in designing/making this pedal... you can get away with pretty much anything and still be awesome in my book. Go ahead - test that theory. You could run over my dog and I would still love you....

ok... maybe don't do that... but yeah, I think you get the point.

Oh yeah... here's my review :thu::

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2917865-Catalinbread-Naga-Viper-...-truly-brings-the-WOW-factor-...&p=46072572#post46072572

Archived