Why Are Road Cases

Amigo

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

www.affordable-cases.com

I got a live in for my Soldano and I wouldn't take it out of my house without it. I need to get one for my other amp soon. I've gigged for years without any road cases, but I feel a lot better about touring or just doing the occasional show here and there with these cases. That said though, if this amp hadn't cost so much, I'd probably still be gigging without them and not even caring if they were protected or not.

• Members

They're not expensive. If you need an expensive road case it means you're traveling and if you're traveling you're getting paid and the case is paying for itself.

I don't scrimp on cases and mine have been all over and my gear is still in great shape. If you're playing at home or only within a few miles of your practice space just buy a nice cover for your amp. The "road cases" you see cheap usually have external handles, low grade corners and some are even 1/4" or less thick.

A real case you set you back a few duckets but will be an investment in the long term. You could DIY but I would guess you would spend about the same about of money for something that looks cheesy.

zzzzzDSCN0003-40.jpg

• Members

Are you shipping it a lot? Otherwise a decent padded slip cover will work great. Even in the trailer/van. Just pay attention to how you pack stuff to minimalize sliding around/impact/tippage.

This.

Plus, if you have ever used a real road case they usually weigh as much or more then the amp you're putting in the case weighs.

• Members

I remember back in 2000-2005, your band was considered "more legitimate" if they had roadcases.

:rolleyes:

This one week, this new band shows up with all matching yellow roadcases with their band name lettered on the side.

THIS IS THEIR FIRST SHOW EVER..

The kid finally gets his rig on stage, takes off the lid, and exposes a Marshall MG head with an MG 4x12.

:facepalm:

I also remember seeing this kid trying to stuff an Ampeg 8x10, IN A ROADCASE, inside a Toyota Corolla.

• Members

I remember back in 2000-2005, your band was considered "more legitimate" if they had roadcases.

:rolleyes:

This one week, this new band shows up with all matching yellow roadcases with their band name lettered on the side.

THIS IS THEIR FIRST SHOW EVER..

The kid finally gets his rig on stage, takes off the lid, and exposes a Marshall MG head with an MG 4x12.

:facepalm:

I actually had someone offer to buy me a brand new flight case for one of my heads in trade for one of my old ones because mine looked like it had some miles on it. I said sure but then the guy saw what that brand/quality of case would cost and decided against it.

Strange folks out there.

Was the band you saw a Stryper tribute with the yellow cases?

• Members

I bought road cases for my rig so protect it. I could give a {censored} how it looks lol. They're a pain in the ass to maneouver, they're cumbersome, but they do exactly what I bought them for...protecting my amp and cab.

• Members

so expensive?? It will literally cost more for a roadcase than the amp it's protecting.

Um, what kind of amp do you use? I've bought cases for all of my amps and the combined cost isn't as much as I spent on one of my heads. It's not like I use some crazy boutique amps, either.

Archived