Pumpkins' Oceania Streaming Free on iTunes

iodine74

• Members

I really hate the mix. Vocals are way to forward, remind me abit of Zwan. Some really interesting and good guitar tones. Some I wish were pulled forward more. But yeah song-wise, it's lacking so far... just don't get the sense of a hook. And damn if Billy doesn't know how to write a good hook when he wants to.

• Members

Listening now. I like it so far.

The point of this album was actually that it wouldn't really have a single but would instead be kind of a whole album jam. I'm only on the second song right now, so we'll see if it works out that way but based on seeing them do a bunch of this live it seems like it should.

But yeah, if you're looking for catchy hooks it might not happen. I do also wish the guitars were a little louder and the production slightly more esoteric but actually the bass is really awesome.

• Members

Kinda. There's definitely some Siamese Dream-esque elements to this album. I'm on track 7 now. I didn't like track 6 (One Diamond One Heart) but the rest have been pretty neat.

Edit: 7 (Pinwheels) was awesome. So is 8 (Oceania).

• Members

well, the first song was cool... progressively got worse after that though IMO.

I really can't get into the two more upbeat songs. Not my thing. The others, though. Pretty good.

• Members

Yeah, the vocal mix really bothers me too. For me, that was the biggest problem with Zeitgeist, Zwan and all the Teargarden stuff, although the latter had a few clangers to go with it. I listen to Billy for songwriting and guitar-playing - he's no American Idol winner, so make his voice as loud as the other instruments please. Bizarre.

Archived