Guitar case rec's please.

hooya

• Members

Anyone remember those videos where they were throwing the guitar out of a third story window? It's kind of a soft backpack kind of case they were advertising.

Anyway, I happened to come into a pretty swank Strat, but the case is just a simple nylon bag. So I'm looking for something more protective.

I will likely never gig with it, but I will have a baby soon so it has to be toddler proof.

Suggestions welcome. :thu:

• Members
the point.

_

_

_

_

tiffany.

well {censored}, brosephina... its not as though you're buying a new MRI and you're trying to figure out which one has the safest magnets and the fastest imaging.

You say you want a gig bag to protect your guitar from a toddler. Well... go on craigslist and buy the first gig bag you see that is under $30. Done.

It's not going to be made of feathers right? your kid isn't going to run up to it, sneeze, blow all the feathers away, and realize "oh {censored}, here's dad's guitar, time to {censored} {censored} up!" is he?

:bor:

• Members
SKB os Gator. Any baby can put the gig bag on the floor and snap the neck just by sitting on it.

True. You may not like it, but a hardcase is definitely the way to go if the guitar can't be put away in a locked (or at least latched) cupboard well out of sight. No reason you can't just keep the crappy gig bag for transporting the guitar as and when you go out with it.

All my guitars are in hardcases in our spare bedroom and the door stays shut pretty much all the time. The only one that's usually out is my acoustic, which is pretty much my "work" guitar for church stuff. It stays in a hardcase downstairs. My son knows it's there but he can't get in the case. One time he knocked the case over because he was fiddling with the handle. BAM! Guitar was fine, but he scared the {censored} out of himself and hasn't touched it since :D

FWIW, it's a Hiscox case- they're a british brand so I don't know whether they're available in the US, or how overpriced the exchange rate makes them but in the UK they're pretty much the go-to brand for reasonably priced hard-to-kill hardcases.

• Members

don't know if you can get them any more, but for a strat or tele the best cases I've ever seen were the studiologics - nice watertight and super-tough - not built from the cheap molded hollow plastic like most cases. I have a couple and they are great.

Archived