True bypass loop strips with silent/soft switches?

• Members

Are there any readily available loop strips with soft/silent switches?

I've looked into a couple of different brands but none have what I'm looking for. I'm playing jazz, so the clicking of pedals in quiet, predominantly acoustic situations is not ideal.

I've read that Jack Deville is coming out with a click-less loop strip but there's no release date. Is there anything available today? I've looked at the Lehle stuff but the cost of a couple of D-Loops is more than I would want to spend.

• Members

TB loops are pretty simple circuits, and the companies that make them are often more than happy to customise. I'd say either find the switch you like and have one made, or get in touch with a TB Loop provider and see if they have any ideas.

In the UK, MadeByMike (also a forumite) makes things to order for a good price - he made a buffer for me, turned out great and a nice quick turnaround too. Worth at least getting in touch.

• Members

It's kind of tricky because soft touch switches aren't 3pdt (9 lugs) which by far the easiest way of doing true-bypass switching (with an LED) if you don't want LED's you can find 2pdt (6 lugs) that are much softer in the action or you could use a millenium bypass circuit to active at the LED with a 2pdt to get LED status.... if you really want total clickless it would be easier to do with relays and buffers.

• Members

I think Jack Deville jus came out with something like this using his click-less system.

Also forum member Aaron just made some cool dealy, not sure if it will be a product he sells or if it was something for himself.

Archived