Visual Sound Pedals...why put such decent sounding pedals in a toilet shaped box?

• Members
It's their thing, an visual edge on all the boring looking mxr type boxes out there.

Don't get me wrong tone>form but they need an edge somewhere.

Well...their old boxes looked "different" without looking like toilets. Why not just stick with those? Besides, toilets aren't "edgy" unless they're unflushed. Everyone knows this. :o

• Members

Just got the email announcement that they now have a lifetime warranty on V2 and V3 pedals. Doesn't include the Garage Tone stuff, but that's still pretty awesome.

I'm not a fan of the V2 shape either, hope they ditch it for all future V3's. The delay is huge, but it does look pretty nice.

• Members

I think the real aesthetic crime is those switches. The toilet box with normal switches would be fine, I think.

what do you mean by "normal switches"? Like, they shouldn't be those ugly huge silver things in general, or strictly 3pdt? Apparently, they started using the current switches because almost all of their repairs they were getting in were replacing whatever 3pdt or dpdt switch they were using in the V1s.

I don't want toilet pedals on my board no matter how good they sound.
:(

:confused:

:chinscratchy:

:idea:

V2_C66_large.png

SPLURFFF!!! :eekphil::lol:

I had never thought of their shape in quite that way, but now that you mention it, I'll probably never be able to look at one again without thinking about it. :facepalm::lol: On a positive note, I'm sure that raised 'tank area" in the back provides protection for the knobs.

Their budget Garagetone line feature more conventional rectangular shapes:

http://www.visualsound.net/index.php/products/garagetone

• Members

what do you mean by "normal switches"? Like, they shouldn't be those ugly huge silver things in general, or strictly 3pdt? Apparently, they started using the current switches because almost all of their repairs they were getting in were replacing whatever 3pdt or dpdt switch they were using in the V1s.

I just meant not those giant silver buttons that look like hot rod rims. I on't particularly care what kind they replace it with. While they're at it I could live with their amp not having a hub cap on the front, too.

Also lol, at Phil for referring to it as the "tank portion." In their video it seems like were thinking of it as more of an RPG tank but in reality it ends up looking like another variety.

Ha ha for the record I do understand the functionality of all this and I like their products a lot it's just...man. The design could use a little work.

• Members
:confused:

:chinscratchy:

:idea:

V2_C66_large.png

SPLURFFF!!!
:eekphil::lol:

I had never thought of their shape in quite that way, but now that you mention it, I'll probably never be able to look at one again without thinking about it.
:facepalm::lol:
On a positive note, I'm sure that raised 'tank area" in the back provides protection for the knobs.

Their budget Garagetone line feature more conventional rectangular shapes:

http://www.visualsound.net/index.php/products/garagetone

You had to use the compression pedal as well, very clever!

hcg-diet-constipation.png

Archived