OT: Super Mega Slam Fest - Indianapolis, IN

JMR

• Members

inb4 I'VE NEVER HEARD OF ANY OF THESE BANDZ

"PRE-SALE WEEKEND TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE FOR $15. TALK TO JAKE AMRHEIN OR ANYONE AT THE INDY HOSTEL IN BROADRIPPLE. WEEKEND PASSES WILL BE $20 IF YOU WAIT UNTIL THE FEST STARTS.

1. Paypal $18.00 to modernbronzebooking@gmail.com, but make sure you SEND IT AS A GIFT. this will ensure that there are no extra fees for either party. once you send the payment, your name and address will be added to a 'will-call' list, and you'll receive your weekend pass at the door.

2. Find Jake Amrhein or go to Indy Hostel and pay $15 CASH, and your name will be added to the same will-call list.

TICKET PRICE LIST:

PRE-SALE 3-DAY PASS - $15

3-Day Pass at the door - $20

Friday ONLY: $10

Saturday ONLY $12

Sunday ONLY: $10

------------

NOTE FOR KIDS COMING OUT OF STATE: there will be packages offered containing two nights at the Hostel (friday and saturday) PLUS a weekend pass for only $100 total! That means the show and lodging for the entire weekend.

------------

NOTE: THERE ARE NO MORE SPOTS AVAILABLE. I'm just waiting for a few final confirmations. Bands, thank you for your interest, for real.

------------

3 DAY PUNK/EMO/HXC FEST AT INDY HOSTEL

4903 Winthrop Ave - the corner of 49th and winthrop..right in the heart of broadripple!

- two outdoor stages

- over 30 bands..local/regional/national

- food, booze, etc

- ALL AGES, duh

FRIDAY:

You Blew It! (FL)

Souvenirs (CA)

It's Just Vanity (IL)

Rodeo Ruby Love

Vacation Club

Indian City Weather

PESSOA

No Coast

Tesla Armada

SATURDAY:

The Reptilian (MI)

LIBYANS (MA)

Droughts (IL)

Canyons (MO)

Gnarwhal (TN)

Late Ones (KY)

William Bonney (MI)

Tall Tales (MI)

Dessa Sons (OH)

Smallhouse (KY)

Coma Regalia

Marital Roles

Opponents

PissArtist

Off Balance

Big Things

Kata Sarka

SUNDAY:

Dowsing (IL)

The Ground Is Lava (OH)

Like Bats (IL)

Pity Sex (MI)

Lord Snow (IL)

Survivalist (OH)

Caelume

Of Arizona

Wringer

The Greater Good

Fly Painted Feathers

Dead Beach

Sometimes

ITCH (Not the UK band)"

• Members

Back in the day there was a club in LA, the Cathay de Grande, that would have "Dunker Night," which meant dumb punker night. Generally it was 4 bands for 5 bucks. $15 for 3 days seems like the inflationary equivalent.

• Members

I lived for 28 years in Indy, played in the scene for over a decade, and I still haven't heard of these bands
:o

I probably have friends in some of them too, but just don't know about it.

if you weren't involved in the DIY scene, you probably would've only heard of a few.

• Members

Not to sound like a douche or anything, but aren't the vast majority of bands DIY bands?

Obviously not, dude. There's a book by Ian MacKaye you have to read first. Otherwise, you could be a poser and not even know.

• Members

i guess i must be old and out of it or something. i've been part of the diy punk scene for almost 20 years (which i guess in itself means i'm old), and i've just never heard of any of these bands either. i've played in diy punk bands, toured a {censored}load, toured with friends bands, booked punk shows for long time. i play in a band here in portland now and still have a ton of friends who are really active in the scene and tour in bands, but i've not heard of any of these. i got nothin'.

• Members

i guess i must be old and out of it or something. i've been part of the diy punk scene for almost 20 years (which i guess in itself means i'm old), and i've just never heard of any of these bands either. i've played in diy punk bands, toured a {censored}load, toured with friends bands, booked punk shows for long time. i play in a band here in portland now and still have a ton of friends who are really active in the scene and tour in bands, but i've not heard of any of these. i got nothin'.

Obviously, you aren't DIY enough, man. Pick up the slack!

It's not Dude Fest (so bummed that's not happening any more, seeing Dropdead, Arab On Radar, Torche, Magrudergrind, Iron Lung, etc, etc, etc blew my mind), but it's a fest.

Archived