Any plug/adaptor for Boss ME-25??

• Members

Didn't mean it had to be Boss.
Std Boss
implies 9vdc center negative with a 2.1mm barrel connector.

Oh Ok, my mistake. So would it be the same as you'd use for say, a laptop or something like that? If not, do you (or anyone) know if theres other things which use the same adaptor? I'm trying to figure out whether I can get by with one I already have until I can get one. Where I live its hard to get stuff like that and I'd like to use the pedal when it arrives tomorrow. Thanks all.

• Members

Laptop generally use a different supply that would not work. Most guitar pedals use the same supply. It's hard to predict what else uses it. 9VDC center positive 2.1mmm connector is popular. But you would need to cut the DC wires and swap them to get center negative.

• Members

Oh Ok, my mistake. So would it be the same as you'd use for say, a laptop or something like that? If not, do you (or anyone) know if theres other things which use the same adaptor? I'm trying to figure out whether I can get by with one I already have until I can get one. Where I live its hard to get stuff like that and I'd like to use the pedal when it arrives tomorrow. Thanks all.

No, not the same. Get the correct power supply. They're like, what, $10-20? if you use the wrong power supply, you will blow up your ME-25, then you'll be out how much, $100-200?

Is it worth it? Only you can answer that.

• Members

No, not the same. Get the correct power supply. They're like, what, $10-20? if you use the wrong power supply, you will blow up your ME-25, then you'll be out how much, $100-200?

Is it worth it? Only you can answer that.

Nope, not worth it at all. Correct adaptor ordered. That was all I needed to know, appreciated.

Archived