I am officially a lemming!

• Members

Timeline.jpg

In my defense though, I waited at least a little bit until the hype died down, right? :lol:

I walked into my local guitar store today though, and I saw they had Timelines just sitting there. I thought about it, and honestly, this thing really is sort of exactly what I needed, and it actually puts more money in my pocket once you consider the pedals it will replace for me.

I was thinking about selling my Space, but I wanted something that did the "shimmer" sound. The Timeline has the "Ice" mode.

I only used the single head mode on my El Capistan. The Timeline has the dBucket mode. Same logic for my Brigadier.

I only used my EHX Ring Thing to make Bit Crusher type noises, and the Timeline has the Lofi mode, which can make Bit Crusher type sounds.

So, basically I can now use the Timeline in conjunction with my RRR, and I cut down on pedalboard real-estate, and I can sell my El Cap, Brigadier, favorite switch, Space, and EHX Ring Thing. In addition to combining all these pedals into one, I also have added modes, like the dual delay, digital delay, filter/trem delays, swell mode, etc.

So, blast away for me being a lemming, but damn it. It seemed like a smart move to me, and I'm enjoying the hell out of this thing so far. :lol:

• Members

Do you own a midi to usb cable? I have yet to upgrade mine because I am too cheap to buy a cable for that 1 time use. The cheap ones on eBay sometimes don't work. The one that does work is around $50.

If yours has the names on the patches then you are ok for now.

• Members

Do you own a midi to usb cable? I have yet to upgrade mine because I am too cheap to buy a cable for that 1 time use. The cheap ones on eBay sometimes don't work. The one that does work is around $50.

If yours has the names on the patches then you are ok for now.

Luckily, I do have a USB to MIDI cable for my keyboard. Good call. It is one of the cheap ones though, so I'm hoping it works. I should probably update it now, before it gets velcro'd to a pedalboard, and I never want to take it off again.

• Members

I did the same thing with my timeline. I'd hold onto your other pedals and see if you jive with the timeline first.

Always good advice. I have more regrets about gear I wished I hadn't sold than gear I wished I hadn't bought. If that makes sense.

• Members

Really? Just curious, but how come? I've got a DM-2 clone I can use in conjunction, and I had debated buying the Supa-Puss, but I felt like the Timeline would probably be a standalone delay. No?

I dunno. When I owned mine, I just kept feeling like it was missing something. I wound up never using Ice and could get most of the rest of the sounds with any delay that had an FX loop. Buying an ML2 just sealed the deal and I didn't even use it much after that. Dumped it after owning it around 8 months for a healthy profit.

• Members

Definitely a good idea. The Space was already out the door though. Now it's just a question of whether the dTape and dBucket are actually the same as the Brig and El Cap. I'm 99% sure they'll be close enough for me to not notice a difference though. I mean, it's a digital program. I doubt they've changed it that much. I'll definitely try to A/B tomorrow though!

The dBucket and dTape modes on the Timeline are literally exactly the same as the Brigadier and the El Capistan. It's been confirmed by Strymon. :)

I think maybe there's a couple SLIGHT value changes in a couple knobs, but that's it. They're identical. :thu:

And congrats on the Timeline. It replaced 2 delay pedals on my board, and has completely eliminated any gas for any other delay pedal.

• Members

Really? Just curious, but how come? I've got a DM-2 clone I can use in conjunction, and I had debated buying the Supa-Puss, but I felt like the Timeline would probably be a standalone delay. No?

Examples:

1: You may find it easier to get 2 delay sounds with 2 delays than the dual on the TL.

2: If you want to use the TL for a reverby type sound, but have delay options along with.

3: If your subtle always on setting is 02a, but the 2nd wacky delay you use in the same song is 19b, it is much easier toggling with the 2nd delay than trying to go to 02a and back to 19b.

These are just off the top of my head. There are other reasons as well.

4: If you are using the TL looper...

• Members

Lemmings to the TGP kool aid...

lemmings.jpg

lemme hijack this thread a little.

This arrived in the post for me today :o :o :o

timeline.jpg

HNTD brother

• Members

Definitely a good idea. The Space was already out the door though. Now it's just a question of whether the dTape and dBucket are actually the same as the Brig and El Cap. I'm 99% sure they'll be close enough for me to not notice a difference though. I mean, it's a digital program. I doubt they've changed it that much. I'll definitely try to A/B tomorrow though!

If you only use the single head mode on the El Cap you won't notice a difference, I use both an El Cap and a timeline because I love the sound on sound mode of the El Cap for noise stuff and the timeline does not have that perk, the brigadier and dBucket are pretty much identical as far as I can tell. Also as far I have been able to tell the timeline doesnt have the reverb on the dTape mode that the El Cap has, which if you have an RRR you probably wouldnt need anyways. Oh and if you have some loot left over after selling your other pedals, I would look into a DMC foot controller by Disaster Area Amplifiers for the timeline, it gives you 3 extra buttons and a {censored} ton more control for the timeline, you can set it up to do bank up / down and tap, or you can use it for looper controls while leaving your other buttons actually on the timeline to use for changing delays while looping, plus a bunch of other modes and controls, pretty nifty lil gadget if you ask me.

Archived