Octavers!!! POG2 vs Polyanna vs Blue box vs OC2/3 etc

Johansolo

• Members

been on and octave kick lately...mainly of the superfuzz kind ,but my friend bought round a POGII the other day and damn

now...i kinda want something that can turn my fuzzy guitar into a fat fuzzy bass.

i know its probably gonna be a novelty type effect so for just octave down im wanting something cheap/quick...but i dont mind spending more if theres some other useful features/tools to have around

these are what im looking at

POG2 ? others versions?

MI Polyanna

EHX Octave Multiplexer

Boss OC2/3?

MXR Blue box

pros/cons of each? and any others i should consider?

• Members

i kinda want something that can turn my fuzzy guitar into a fat fuzzy bass.

i know its probably gonna be a novelty type effect so for just octave down im wanting something cheap/quick...but i dont mind spending more if theres some other useful features/tools to have around

On the cheap Cheap:

send.php?i=aHR0cHM6Ly9zdGF0aWMuam91cm5le

Shouldn't have sold mine. It's a bit on the heavy side, but the octave distortion on it is great.

You can also try an OC-3 in drive mode? Or a Guyatone Micro octaver.

Or maybe an Octron?

Otherwise you can go into a pog2 with your favorite fuzz. That would give you alot more options.

It's true though. We are kind of limited with the choices of nice low octave fuzz pedals available.

I will say though. It's a bit different than what you are looking for, but the Malekko Bit also seems awesome.

• Members

you could probably find a used fz-5 for pretty cheap.

The POGs will let you play chords, the others will sound like a mess of {censored}.

No he shouldn't get an FZ5 unless he wants COSM versions of the Dallas Arbiter Fuzzface, Maestro FZ-1A and Roger Mayer Octavia respectively.

Good point on the POGs though, but it's the bluebox that sounds like a mess of {censored}. Especially if it's not in the right spot in the chain.

Always wondered what it sounded like with the C11 mods (1 oct instead of 2 oct down)

Archived