Putting together an ALL BOSS board...HM-2+FZ-2 +???...help me decide on the next 3?

Johansolo

• Members

going through a bit of a pedal board tetris/re-patch cabling/routing atm and decide to make up an easy one row board of all boss on a pedal train...

so far theres a hm-2 and a recently aquired FZ-2...both of which ive paid not very much for and are in mint condition/with boxes.

ive been on a superfuzz/octave kick atm and i think it may very well be my second favourite fuzz (next to a muff)

a lot of net searching seems that people prefer mode II...which is super scooped and find mode I lacking...i actually really like mode I for boosting my amps lead channel(and adding the octave texture) but Mode II is hyper bedroom fun for mid scoop speaker rippage/riffage.

the boost feature is pretty handy too...so... with the HM-2 ...i have pretty much covered electric wizard+swedish death...

what other boss pedals do you think would make a neat budget boss board?

should i keep it in the 2's?

DS-2 turbo distortion??? CE-2 Chorus next??? i very much doubt a cheap DC-2 will pop up anytime soon

IMG_1507.jpg

• Members

Well, you haven't really said what kind of music you're playing.

For me, personally, I'd go with PS-2, PN-2, & TW-1

i play...well everything and everything. not very well...but i just love guitar music and pedals.

that said...i think ive got hte heavy dirt covered. i also dont really want anything ive already got (ive got a shelf of more pedals too...so no more low gain overdrives/TS/boosts/muffs)

im leaning at this stage to more chorusDC-2 at this stage and reverbs...or octaves...OC2 or OC3?

ive also previously owned a few boss pedals...SD-1,DS-1, DD20(3 of them!) DD-7, MT-2,BD-2 TU-2...so this time i might try and go for just discontinued/old stuff...

just saw someone local list a beat up CE-2 made in 1981...the year im born ...and again for not very little money. might have to go check it out.

if i can average out the price of each pedal to under $100 each...ill be pretty stoked and might even pick up a roland cube to use with it haha.

• Members

going through a bit of a pedal board tetris/re-patch cabling/routing atm and decide to make up an easy one row board of all boss on a pedal train...

so far theres a hm-2 and a recently aquired FZ-2...both of which ive paid not very much for and are in mint condition/with boxes.

ive been on a superfuzz/octave kick atm and i think it may very well be my second favourite fuzz (next to a muff)

a lot of net searching seems that people prefer mode II...which is super scooped and find mode I lacking...i actually really like mode I for boosting my amps lead channel(and adding the octave texture) but Mode II is hyper bedroom fun for mid scoop speaker rippage/riffage.

the boost feature is pretty handy too...so... with the HM-2 ...i have pretty much covered electric wizard+swedish death...

what other boss pedals do you think would make a neat budget boss board?

should i keep it in the 2's?

DS-2 turbo distortion??? CE-2 Chorus next??? i very much doubt a cheap DC-2 will pop up anytime soon

IMG_1507.jpg

Get a CE-5 but get one from 2000 or earlier. They switched to making them digital in like 2000 or 2001. Before that they were analog and they're basically the same circuit as the CE-2 but with a mix level and a high and low frequency control on it. There is a site that allows you to date Boss pedals by serial number. Not a lot of people know about this. I picked up a late 90's one in mint condition for like 45 bucks.

• Members

I have a HM-2 and FZ-2 also. I would recommended a boss ps-3 and rv-5

I concur. The ce-2 is just a standard MOR chorus. I'd rather have a bf-2.

Also like: dd-6 and/or 7, dm-2 or 3. My favorite boss pedal, and the only one always on my board is the cs-2 (not the most exciting pedal, granted).

• Members

Here's mine... the hi-band flanger is nice if you can find one and the CE-2 is awesome..... the PW-2 is my favorite Boss dirt, I ended up changing the HM-3 for an SD-1 though.

board1.jpg

:love::love:

After your done with it as an all Boss pedalboard you can use it to make a sangwidge!

I like the sangwidges.

• Members

Here's mine... the hi-band flanger is nice if you can find one and the CE-2 is awesome..... the PW-2 is my favorite Boss dirt, I ended up changing the HM-3 for an SD-1 though.

board1.jpg

Are you {censored}ing with me Mel? :love:

Archived