I'm being F'd in the A by someone on eBay

• Members

I bought an NES game for about 3 dollars (add 10 dollars for shipping).

Finally got here today (a week or two after the auction ended) and it was in pieces. the cases screws were missing and replaced with something else and all the guts were moving freely when I got the package out of the mailbox (you could hear them like a box of legos. Simple Scotch mailing envelope with one piece of bubble wrap).

I messaged the seller immediately and here is what I said:

Hey, got the Batman game today. It arrived in pieces. The grey plastic chassis is split open and the guts of the game are moving around freely. When I opened the package a bunch of little broken grey pieces fell out. I'll be opening a paypal dispute in 24 hours if I don't hear back from you.

He messages me back with this:

It was packaged properly and i have a pic of the game playing on the tv you need to take it up with usps it sounds like a scame[sic]

I'm going to tell him that's not good enough and then file a dispute on paypal.

What do you guys think? I think he's the one running a "scame". What would you do in this situation? I have proof that the game was damaged upon shipping. the plastic screw holes are completely broken on the inside and there is nothing holding it all together.

I'll wait to reply to him as I do need some advice.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How about I send you 13 dollars.

it used to be you can't file a dispute for less than 25 , i don't know if that's changed. if you can file a dispute you will always win against a seller no matter what basically. just file it and get your money back. done.

I had some dickhole ruin my perfect feedback over an 8$ game. He waited 2 weeks to pay then expected it to still be there waiting for him.

• Members

You're basically covered and will get a refund. The onus is on him to claim the money back from USPS once he's refunded you. You'll probably have to ship it back to him though.

This. If you're the winning bidder on eBay, you're pretty much the winner in any dispute that may come from it, unless you paid in, say, pebbles rather than money. Even if, as has been the case with my eBay sales on a few occaisions, the winner is A GIGANTIC {censored}ER, you still win. But the {censored}er's not you, so file the claim, escalate it and let that prick pick up the pieces. For $13. Also, neg feedback him. Sick of this hippy dippy no feedback or neutral bollocks, if the dude's a {censored}, he's a {censored}.

• Members

This. If you're the winning bidder on eBay, you're pretty much the winner in any dispute that may come from it, unless you paid in, say, pebbles rather than money. Even if, as has been the case with my eBay sales on a few occaisions, the winner is A GIGANTIC {censored}ER, you still win. But the {censored}er's not you, so file the claim, escalate it and let that prick pick up the pieces. For $13. Also, neg feedback him. Sick of this hippy dippy no feedback or neutral bollocks, if the dude's a {censored}, he's a {censored}.

Yeah, what he said.

What was the sellers feedback rating? That's the first thing I check. Check out the negative feedbacks and how they responded to them...if they even did.

• Members

You're basically covered and will get a refund. The onus is on him to claim the money back from USPS once he's refunded you. You'll probably have to ship it back to him though.

This

Archived