100,000 tiny dots, 8 tracks, Traynors and rainy weather... (Case and Ctrl album)

plowkraut

• Members

My band's album is finally out! We're a 4 piece from Seattle by way of Detroit. You can listen to the album here: http://caseandctrl.bandcamp.com/ . We're pleased with the way it turned out and we're working on a follow-up EP right now. Hope you dig the album, let me know what you think. If you prefer loud and heavy, wait until the end of any given track, we usually end up there.

1906049188-1.jpg

The album cover (above) was created by our good friend Bridey Bowen. Basically, she put tens of thousands (maybe hundreds of thousands?!?) of tiny ink dots onto a sheet of paper to create a picture. Slap some gold leaf on there for color and there you go. Bridey did our liner notes as well. She rules. She also did a piece that we used for shirt designs (see below). You can check out her stuff here: http://www.behance.net/brideybowen

480539_424343984275882_969189179_n.jpg

Feel free to hit us up on facebook or come check us out live. We play gigs in the Pac NW all the time.

• Members

Gear used:

Bass guitar: 1974 P-bass

Pedals: Bass Big Muff >Reverend Drivetrain > DD-5 >DSD-2 (also runs an RC-2 on the side)

Amp: Acoustic Control Corp 470 >no-name 4x12 cab

Guitar on the Right: Reverend Rocco

Pedals: ToneFactor Cream Pie Deluxe (germ boost) >Fuzz Face-style fuzz >Timmy >TB Hot British >Drivetrain II >Quasar DLX >Feedback loop with DD-2 and RV-3 >Empress trem

Amp: Traynor YBA-1 > 70s Kustom 2x12 cab (silver sparkle tuck and roll!) with Weber Michigans

Guitar on the Left: Reverend Warhawk HB

Pedals: Earthquaker Devices White Light OD >PS-5 >TR-2 >RV-3 >TC Repeater

Amp: 67 Fender Bassman >Marshall 2x12 cab

• Members

I though it was called something fancier than stippling, but I know nothing about pen and ink techniques.

stipple is correct, sometimes also referred to as pointillism but typically that applies to the method when done in color.

Archived