If you can use only one of these for all your dirt tones . . .

• Members

I play a 4x10 Bassman and I've tried both of those. The GT-500 was fickle. There were some good settings, but it was a little difficult to dial in. With the amp cranked, the Fulldrive was pretty awesome. The GT had more gain, so it was better in some respects for lower settings. The Fulldrive really shines if it's pushing an amp at breakup.

• Members

I play a 4x10 Bassman and I've tried both of those. The GT-500 was fickle. There were some good settings, but it was a little difficult to dial in. With the amp cranked, the Fulldrive was pretty awesome. The GT had more gain, so it was better in some respects for lower settings. The Fulldrive really shines if it's pushing an amp at breakup.

Great info . . . good to know - thanx mate !

fickle ? . . . tempramental ? . . . or just not many good tones in the pedal ?

• Members

Like, I kept messing with it between songs trying to fine tune it. It was alright, but I kinda dismiss a pedal if I can't find a good setting and stick with it. To my ears, it was similar to a RAT w more EQ options, which is cool. I just didnt jive with it I guess. The Fulldrive sounded more "open" if that makes sense.

Archived