NAD! 65 Amps London. Mmmmmmmm.

• Members

I had been wanting one of these guys for years. Finally gave in, drove up to Canada this morning, and picked it up. Such a cool {censored}ing amp. Vox + Marshall = :love:

London.jpg

My only regret is getting home so late that I can't turn it on tonight. I'm glad I spent like 3 hours in the store playing though. :lol:

Update = Rig shot. :love:

NewRig.jpg

• Members

I had been wanting one of these guys for years. Finally gave in, drove up to Canada this morning, and picked it up. Such a cool {censored}ing amp. Vox + Marshall =
:love:

London.jpg

My only regret is getting home so late that I can't turn it on tonight. I'm glad I spent like 3 hours in the store playing though.
:lol:

Excellent choice my friend! :thu:

It doesn't get any better than the Vox/Marshall combo. My Gabriel is exactly that and actually very similar to the London. One of my old bandages had a London and another had a Gabriel and they sounded VERY close. Granted, both amps are going for the same amp combo, and I know Gabby worked closely with Dan and Peter for help in coming up with his own circuit... So yeah, the Gabriel Voxer and 65 London are 2 of the best amps I've ever heard. :)

• Members

I'm having a great time so far. I like being this close to Canada too!

Used to live downtown Detroit (3650 Lincoln) for a bit... hard as hell, most times, to get into Canada... but besides their {censored} smokes, it was great... friendly girls (friendly everybody), cheap beer, gambling and best of all... ridiculously clean streets... but maybe it just looked that way living in Detroit...

All the clips I've heard of 65 Amps have been pretty rad too...

• Members

Used to live downtown Detroit (3650 Lincoln) for a bit... hard as hell, most times, to get into Canada... but besides their {censored} smokes, it was great... friendly girls (friendly everybody), cheap beer, gambling and best of all... ridiculously clean streets... but maybe it just looked that way living in Detroit...

All the clips I've heard of 65 Amps have been pretty rad too...

I agree with everything you've said about Canada. Everyone just seemed friendlier than I'm used to, and things did just seem nice and clean every where. Still not used to reading speed limits in metric though. Every time I'd see 100 km/h speed limit, I'd start speeding up to 100mph without thinking. The police probably frown upon that. :lol:

Also, I just drive up to the border crossing at Sarnia. Seems to be a lot less crowded than the one right next to Detroit. If you're headed towards Toronto any way, it doesn't seem to be much out of the way. Last night on the way back through the border though, it took me less than 10 minutes. Very nice. haha

• Members

I had been wanting one of these guys for years. Finally gave in, drove up to Canada this morning, and picked it up. Such a cool {censored}ing amp. Vox + Marshall =
:love:

London.jpg

My only regret is getting home so late that I can't turn it on tonight. I'm glad I spent like 3 hours in the store playing though.

I had a pair of them...nice amps but I thought they were a little dark. Hard to go wrong with a 65 Amp though. :)

My faves were the SoHo and the Stone Pony. The Monterey was also really nice. I ended up selling them for something with a little more versatility but I wish I still had the SoHo and Stone Pony. :thu:

• Members

I had a pair of them...nice amps but I thought they were a little dark. Hard to go wrong with a 65 Amp though.
:)

I had a 2x10 combo in green and tan that looked so cool but I also thought it was dark sounding which is why I ultimately sold it. I'm glad I'm not alone about it sounding dark because I loved the amp otherwise.

Enjoy your amp man.

• Members

I had a 2x10 combo in green and tan that looked so cool but I also thought it was dark sounding which is why I ultimately sold it. I'm glad I'm not alone about it sounding dark because I loved the amp otherwise.

Enjoy your amp man.

Funny that you guys think it's so dark. In the store I actually thought it might be a bit too bright! Haha. I suppose guitar choice has a lot to do with it though. My Telemaster has a maple neck, and is generally one of the brightest guitars I've ever heard. That could be why the London balances it out perfectly. I'll have to try playing my Virage through it, and seeing if it's too dark. I had the cut knob about half way up though when I was playing, so I definitely didn't think it was dark. :lol:

• Members

Funny that you guys think it's so dark. In the store I actually thought it might be a bit too bright! Haha. I suppose guitar choice has a lot to do with it though. My Telemaster has a maple neck, and is generally one of the brightest guitars I've ever heard. That could be why the London balances it out perfectly. I'll have to try playing my Virage through it, and seeing if it's too dark. I had the cut knob about half way up though when I was playing, so I definitely didn't think it was dark.

Yeah...I had to use a really bright single coil axe to get it to sound "right". Humbuckers were pretty useless and P-90's were a tad too dark...I couldn't get a nice snap out of it. My stock Tele got me what I was looking for. My modded one, not so much. But once it was dialed in it was really nice. My Valvetech Hayseed 30's play better with a variety of pickups. I also have a Perkhiser Red Coat that's similar to the London (AC-30/18 Watt Marshall preamps)...it's darker than the Valvetechs but not as dark as the London. It's like The Beatles in a box. Nails that intro to "I Want To Tell You" without a lot of tweaking.

• Members

Yeah...I had to use a really bright single coil axe to get it to sound "right". Humbuckers were pretty useless and P-90's were a tad too dark...I couldn't get a nice snap out of it. My stock Tele got me what I was looking for. My modded one, not so much. But once it was dialed in it was really nice. My Valvetech Hayseed 30's play better with a variety of pickups. I also have a Perkhiser Red Coat that's similar to the London (AC-30/18 Watt Marshall preamps)...it's darker than the Valvetechs but not as dark as the London. It's like The Beatles in a box. Nails that intro to "I Want To Tell You" without a lot of tweaking.

I do agree the London loves single coils more than anything - especially a nice tele or ASAT. But a nice Les Paul or other higher output HB-equipped guitar can make that amp sound so thick and warm... lots of fun to be had with both guitars IMO.

Archived