Ever see those Fender lap-steel volume pedals...

Grubgoat

• Members

...the ones that have regular volume pedal, up/down function, but also have a plate on top that swivels left to right for a tone control, similar to the one on your guitar? Is anyone doing that with expression pedals? I once wired a wah and a bass wah together into one of those, it was sort of awesome but my wiring was horrible. The potential seems obvious though.

I just bought a used Danelectro Shift Daddy, and yeah it kinda sucks, cool idea though. What I want is basically a better Shift Daddy that lets me have more control, like if I could sweep both the time and the pitch in the same motion with that Fender type of pedal, that'd be great.

Does it exist?

• Members

Someone should do an entire line of pedals like this. You could do delays, flanges and phase-shifters, distortion, all with at least 2 foot-controllable parameters at any given time in one pedal space...

The Alesis Air FX is kind of like that. It can do all kinds of effects like phaser, flangers, tremolo and even random note generators. It's controlled with an optical sensor, so you wouldn't be able to leave it a fixed setting. Cool gadget, though.

• Members

The Alesis Air FX is kind of like that. It can do all kinds of effects like phaser, flangers, tremolo and even random note generators. It's controlled with an optical sensor, so you wouldn't be able to leave it a fixed setting. Cool gadget, though.

Actually, with two hands you can freeze a setting by pushing and holding the knob on it. One hand works too if you have big hands.

Archived