cleanest boost/signal increaser pedal?

• Members

I'm running a distortion pedal straight into the power amp section of my head(Ampeg SS 150) and looking for a signal increasing pedal or small pedal size box type unit that can give me extra volume without any extra distortion or color. I'm bypassing my head's preamp because even set as clean as possible I don't like how it alters the tone. For cleans I just click the dirt pedal off and my reverb provides enough tone.

Is such a unit even possible?

I have an Electro Harmonix Nano boost but it adds way too much distortion. Tried one of those little ART preamps but that also added too much distortion. Every boost review I've watched on youtube clearly shows added distortion.

• Members

Every time I try to boost in the fx loop of my Classic 30, it comes out sounding like ass. My point is, boosting power amp tubes won't necessarily be cleaner just because you're skipping the preamp. Try an eq pedal to cut the offending frequencies in your preamp. I get a very clean sound that way.

• Members

Every time I try to boost in the fx loop of my Classic 30, it comes out sounding like ass. My point is, boosting power amp tubes won't necessarily be cleaner just because you're skipping the preamp. Try an eq pedal to cut the offending frequencies in your preamp. I get a very clean sound that way.

My amp is actually solid state but I was thinking about doing just this last night. The main issue is that my amp can not deliver a pure clean tone but if I futz with all the knobs and eq pedal enough maybe I can get the tone I want.

• Members

Maybe a volume pedal? The Visual Sound Visual Volume has 10 LEDs so you know where you're at. You could leave it set on 7, then max it to 10 when you want the boost.

Or... Is there something wrong with your volume knob.

• Members

Maybe a volume pedal? The Visual Sound Visual Volume has 10 LEDs so you know where you're at. You could leave it set on 7, then max it to 10 when you want the boost.

Or... Is there something wrong with your volume knob.

Archived