Looking for very low-gain OD pedal

Bruvtilov

• Members

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a pedal that gives the grit of a small Fender amp breaking up. A pedal that doesn't color the sound of the guitar. I use a Fender Hot Rod Deville on the clean channel

with a Telecaster (great combo imo) and would like to use the pedal in this setup, mostly for modern countryrock sounds. It would be a bonus if it works well with the volume pot on the guitar.

Thanks for your input!

• Members

Blackstone. It's what I use into my Twin Reverb. I have Tinnitus, so I can't crank my amps to get that natural tube breakup, so that's where the Blackstone comes into play for me. Very dynamic and has an amp-like sound, nice and warm.

• Members

^ Half-gainer is great, and allows for 2 settings. The Tech 21 Character Series all have a great range of sensitivity from clean boost through mild overdrive through distortion. Check out their Fender model, the Blonde.

• Members

You might want to try a tube overdrive pedal with a REAL tube in it. Most come with 12AX7 tubes -swap it out for a less gainy 12AY7 tube. 12AY7 preamp tubes are common in the old Fender Tweeds.

Be aware of starved plate vs full voltage tube pedals too. I prefer the full voltage.... ZAP! aaaaah.

Archived