Help me find a strange job in a small town/ rural area

eco1

• Members

I am in NYC and i just had it, i hate it!

I want a strange job, maybe "baby-sitting" a house, something like staying at a closed hotel in Alaska or something like that.

I just want to be in a small, quiet place.

Anyone knows where to look?

• Members

What about upstate, NY? It can be feel like it's very far away. Yet not that far from NYC if you want to visit. I like Maine too, would love to live in a small town on the Maine coast. Oregon would be high on my list too. Maybe some place in Montana or Wyoming would be cool too.

• Members

I am in NYC and i just had it, i hate it!

I want a strange job, maybe "baby-sitting" a house,
something like staying at a closed hotel in Alaska or something like that

I just want to be in a small, quiet place.

Anyone knows where to look?

I seen that movie before bro. Doesn't turn out so good

• Members

Yep, The Stanley. I stayed there. Sounds of children playing in the hall
that weren't there, man

Weird, sounds like that movie about the haunted hotel. Can't remember what it's called... I think Jack Nicholson was in it?

• Members

Yep, The Stanley. I stayed there. Sounds of children playing in the hall
that weren't there, man

The Stanley was used as the basis for the film, but King was also known to stay at Mohonk regularly and a lot of people believe that it was the real inspiration.

I found this:

http://faqtheshining.blogspot.com/2008/10/where-is-actual-overlook-hotel-located.html

• Members

Weird, sounds like that movie about the haunted hotel. Can't remember what it's called... I think Jack Nicholson was in it?

Yeah, that's the point. What I'm trying to say is that they actually play recordings (?) of children playing in the halls to freak you out. And you can buy your copy of The Shining (book or film) at the Official Shining Shop at the hotel. Or could. I think the hotel closed down.

A few days after my wife and I got back from the trip, there was an episode of Ghost Hunters where they stayed in the room that was across the hall from ours. :lol:

Archived