OT: Mesa Boogie Subway Rocket

mdrake34

• Members

^ I know nothing about those amps, but the description says it's got reverb, and I'm pretty sure that last knob on the left is a reverb level control. If that price is as good as I think it is and you've got the cash I'd be inclined to hit it.

• Members

^ I know nothing about those amps,
but the description says it's got reverb
, and I'm pretty sure that last knob on the left is a reverb level control. If that price is as good as I think it is and you've got the cash I'd be inclined to hit it.

{censored} you're right. The picture looked like it said reverb, but it's a presence control on the non-reverb models from what I understand.

• Members

I had one for quite a while as it was my first real tube amp. It doesn't have reverb (I think the Subway Blues model did) although the OD and Cleans were pretty good and it was exceptionally loud. (2 channel amp + "contour" boost) I wish I had experimented with a different speaker (1x10) or had gotten an speaker cab to go with it instead of selling it and it's one of the few pieces of gear that I regret selling. If it's in good shape it's definitely worth more than $300, imo. A solid, no frills amp that took pedals well.

Archived