Oh my...

thom

• Members

How did I miss this, where's the 899 page thread about it?

Afbeelding1-3.png

884Euro:eek:

I am officially in trouble. This would fix my gas for P90s, an sg, and something with neck binding and block inlays...All at the same time:)

CSB/

• Members

I like it too. Is that a baked maple 'board on it?

According to Gibson's website yes. That baked maple feels weird as hell to my fingers.

Honestly, I'd rather just find an older SG Standard for 2/3 the price and just get new pickguard/pickups for it and get pretty much the same guitar but with a better fretboard.

• Members

I love sg's but a standard looks funny with p90's. I suppose I'm so used to seeing p90 sg's (special's/classics) with dot necks and without the crown inlay headstock. But hey, can't really hate on the upgraded features for a decent price seems like they could've charged "regular" sg standard prices for this but didn't. Kind of a bummer about the maple board though.

• Members

According to Gibson's website yes. That baked maple feels weird as hell to my fingers.

Honestly, I'd rather just find an older SG Standard for 2/3 the price and just get new pickguard/pickups for it and get pretty much the same guitar but with a better fretboard.

Never even saw one of those baked maple fretboards from up close.

But I've also had that plan about a converted sg standard in mind for a long time...Till this one came along:)

Never been able to find a good deal on a used sg that didn't have some sort of annoying flaw.

• Members

big pickguard is so gross

I used to think so too, but it's like I got used to it or something. Or maybe that's why I prefer sg's in black, with black guards, so that the weird pickguard doesn't stick out like a sour thumb:)

• Members

I really REALLY shouldn't be asking this question since I just spent $800 on a dream guitar of ming (G&L ASAT Special)...

...but do they make that for lefties? :poke:

Edit: OH SH*T... they do. I'm in BIG trouble... :eek:... that guitar is freaking gorgeous. I really might have to take the plunge eventually.

• Members

Blech SGs. I'll never understand the appeal.

I'll admit... I've never been a huge fan, but here's the appeal for me:

1.) They're a LOT cheaper than a good Les Paul; the LP Studios I've tried were all flaming pieces of garbage... and the SG Standards were all of pretty high quality. A good LP (imo) costs around $1,800, as opposed to the SG which costs $1,000ish.

2.) They bother you. ;)... jk. The real appeal here is that they're cheaper than a good Les Paul.

deja-vu.

• Members

I disagree, but i think red SGs are played out
:o

Same with sunburst les Paul's but people still buy them, classic is classic for a reason. Some red sg's are boring (like some sunburst les Paul's) but if you find the right one it's awesome. Played out yes I agree with you but there are exceptions.

Archived