Mojo Hand MULE Appreciation Thread

Crxsh

• Members

About a year ago, I demoed a Mule as part of a Mojo Hand tour box and just loved how it pushed my Maz 18. At lower gain settings, it added a really nice bit of girth... and cranked up, did this sweet fuzzy overdrive thing.

tF9ros1DhDc

Anyway, I've kinda been on the lookout for a good deal on one ever since... and after missing one on TGP last week I started a thread and Brad had one with the finish I was looking for left in stock. So this bad boy was delivered late last week:

fb6a81d1.jpg

Finally got a chance to really let it loose with the Maz 8 tonight and it's every bit as good as I remembered. I had all sorts of fun stacking it with my other pedals and just riffing away on it.

Anybody else a fan?

• Members

Had an original Tonefactor Mule that I sold to a friend. I've got the predecessor - the RGW Dirty Dan. One of my favorite dirt pedals. Rockin' it with an Esquire at practice last night.

Two of them stacked is a fun rippin' raw sound.

• Members

Had an original Tonefactor Mule that I sold to a friend. I've got the predecessor - the RGW Dirty Dan. One of my favorite dirt pedals. Rockin' it with an Esquire at practice last night.

Two of them stacked is a fun rippin' raw sound.

That's cool. I haven't seen a Dirty Dan floating around for a long time.

Speaking of RGW, he also designed the new Bluebonnet OD that we have coming out soon. :thu:

• Members

Didn't Way Huge release the Red Llama again? Have not heard much about it, after how epic the Llama was supossed to be.

Anyway, I have always wanted to try a Mule -epic name for a pedal too-, but never had the chance/funds/time to do so. But still on the want list.

• Members

Didn't Way Huge release the Red Llama again? Have not heard much about it, after how epic the Llama was supossed to be.

Anyway, I have always wanted to try a Mule -epic name for a pedal too-, but never had the chance/funds/time to do so. But still on the want list.

I don't think I've seen much about the RL RI anywhere. Maybe a comment or two, but it seems to be the least popular of that line. :idk:

Either way

• Members

That's cool! Looking at a gutshot of the Dirty Dan on EDB, it does look pretty similar to the Mule.

Early "Bar Code" Mules were made by Robbie, IIRC. The real difference is that the drive and volume pots switched positions.

• Members

Early "Bar Code" Mules were made by Robbie, IIRC. The real difference is that the drive and volume pots switched positions.

That's correct. He used to build them for us. He sold the me the design/layout when he decided to stop building pedals. The Clementine Compressor is also his.

• Members

Let's not forget about the Angry Troll. That has to be the least popular one.
:lol:

Success is relative. I'd bet that they sold more Angry Trolls last year than all the Blakemores and Mojo Hands combined. ;)

• Members

Location is everything. Any idea what kind of hoops you have to jump through to sell through major retailers like GC/MF?

We're already set up with GC. They started us out in the big Houston GC, which has been selling a ton of Rooks, so they moved us into all 3 Houston stores. We're shipping pedals to one of the GCs in Dallas next week, and I think they're sending some to Nashville GC as well. Hopefully it will keep growing. Either way, we're in their vendor system already, so any GC can special order the pedals now. Not sure what it takes to get into MF, but I'm not in any hurry. I want to grow at a rate that I can handle.

• Members

We're already set up with GC. They started us out in the big Houston GC, which has been selling a ton of Rooks, so they moved us into all 3 Houston stores. We're shipping pedals to one of the GCs in Dallas next week, and I think they're sending some to Nashville GC as well. Hopefully it will keep growing. Either way, we're in their vendor system already, so any GC can special order the pedals now. Not sure what it takes to get into MF, but I'm not in any hurry. I want to grow at a rate that I can handle.

fuckin awesome man :thu:

Archived