HNAD! DuKane Content

osbornkt

• Members

I was up in Canada this past week visiting my girlfriend, and while helping clean out a storage facility her grandparents own, came across a pretty damn pristine DuKane 1u325 from 1952. It needs new rectifier tubes and a power cable, but it's been sitting in storage for the last 50 years, so no biggie, eh?

By what I've read on these, they're in the same tone league as the Masco MA-17, and push a bit more wattage with later breakup...

409591_4156241225557_563874868_n.jpg

Not too shabby.

• Members

I have the exact model, but the guy who gave it to me had added a 1/4" input, Benchtested at about 18 watts max, but it's loud as hell. It has a very flat one dimensional tone, but it takes OD like a champ. Enjoy!

• Members

I have the exact model, but the guy who gave it to me had added a 1/4" input, Benchtested at about 18 watts max, but it's loud as hell. It has a very flat one dimensional tone, but it takes OD like a champ. Enjoy!

Nice. I'm planning on adding the 1/4" out as soon as I have some time to work on it. Is it a brighter or darker tone? I can't find much info about it being converted to a guitar amp.

• Members

It's kind of boxy, and at first I was underwhelmed. BUT, with some tweaking, and the right cab, it sounds pretty cool, not too far off from my Epiphone Valve Jr.

Good to know. It'll be a good project! What kind of cap are you using? I was going to build my own, but if you have recommendations, I'd like to check it out.

Archived