NPD!!! MXR

• Members

I bought this from a fellow forum member. Spent about an hour or so rocking out with it. MXR Phase 90. Can't believe it took me so long to figure out that it was Phasers that I liked and not Flangers! Anyone ever make that mistake? I totally thought flangers were my favorite effect, until I bought one and realized there was "too much stuff" to it. Bought the Phase 90 and realized this is the effect I have always heard and loved to hear. Simple one knob operation is just right.

100_1343.jpg

Here are three stomp boxes I'm rocking out with most,

100_1345.jpg

P.S: if anyone needs a flanger... hehe

• Members

Glad you like it, and your settings are right where I used to run it. I used to think phasers and flangers were pretty much the same thing. The Phase 90 changed that for me. I heard you can do some mods to make them sound even better but I always liked it as is. If you wanna try a different style of phase, check out the Small Stone.

• Members

Glad you like it, and your settings are right where I used to run it. I used to think phasers and flangers were pretty much the same thing. The Phase 90 changed that for me. I heard you can do some mods to make them sound even better but I always liked it as is. If you wanna try a different style of phase, check out the Small Stone.

Yeah after having confused a flanger and a phaser I think it might be a mistake that happens often. They sound so similar at lower settings. So far, for my stye, I have found everything up to 2 o'clock on the dial to be of use. Everything past that point sounds cool, I just have not really had a vision for how to incorporate that much phaser yet.

Thanks again Conky!

• Members

Nice nice. You should Google "Phase 90 R28 mod" and look into it. When I had my Phase 90 I performed that mod and it really helped make the pedal sound more balanced with less shrill highs to the sweep.

Congrats! :thu:

Archived