OT: Gibson serial mis-stamped

dkerwood

• Members

Hey guys, I was in at GC the other day and fell in love with a gold top Les Paul. The only possible issue: it's like the serial number press was slightly crooked. The five date numbers are fairly deep in the headstock, but the last three are almost nonexistent. In the right light you can just make them out.

If, heaven forbid, I should want to sell this guitar at some unfathomable point in the future, would this complicate things? Or is this fairly normal out of Gibson USA?

• Members

Hey guys, I was in at GC the other day and fell in love with a gold top Les Paul. The only possible issue: it's like the serial number press was slightly crooked. The five date numbers are fairly deep in the headstock, but the last three are almost nonexistent. In the right light you can just make them out.

If, heaven forbid, I should want to sell this guitar at some unfathomable point in the future, would this complicate things? Or is this fairly normal out of Gibson USA?

if you like the guitar shut the f up and buy it dude you have been trying to buy the guitar of your dreams for like 5 threads put up or shutup.

tough love bro.

• Members

:thu:Go for it! Its very hard to find a LP that "feels right"..

• Members

if you like the guitar shut the f up and buy it dude you have been trying to buy the guitar of your dreams for like 5 threads put up or shutup.

tough love bro.

You might be a human baby killer, but I like your style.

Archived