Best rotary Sim EVER!!!

Jakey

• Members

It is Wurlitzer's 'Leslie' called (or part of) a Spectratone. A motor spins this hammer around in circles; two 4" speakers are back to back make up the head of the hammer and there is a counter weight on the other end. The speaker wires are connected with two bearings that go around so the wires don't tangle. Crazy stuff.

(not my video)

nRKJa6Wkzn4

It is Wurlitzer's 'Leslie' called (or part of) a Spectratone. A motor spins this hammer around in circles; two 4" speakers are back to back make up the head of the hammer and there is a counter weight on the other end. The speaker wires are connected with two bearings that go around so the wires don't tangle. Crazy stuff.

That's really cool! How hard was it to wire up in terms of power and audio input?

• Members

That's really cool! How hard was it to wire up in terms of power and audio input?

There is a whole head of wires coming off this thing, but most are for the bulb and LDRs. The speaker wires are just as normal speakers are, two wires.

For power, I luckily got one with with a chord on it already, so I found some similarities in the other and put a power chord on it. It was just a lamp chord, I should really get some 3 prongers :lol: I've built my fair share of pedals, but I know literally nothing about moving parts, so I'm trying to learn some stuff from these guys.

Archived