How many of you guys have a TON of songs you wrote and recorded just sitting....

• Members

..around on your harddrive? I think some of them are pretty cool. I have no idea what I could do with them. I just hate the idea of making a page noone will ever visit. Seems like the only thing to do is go play a club.

http://soundcloud.com/joey-levenson/we-dont-need

I have like 200+. Heres one from like 10 years ago..me being Big Star...

just thinking...

• Members

It may not sit with you guys, but if you have proper songs that you're not doing anything with - why not send them to a few publishers? They might seem untouchable, but the fact is, they really do want new songs and songwriters all the time. My girlfriend's met a good few people who started this way and now it's their living.

Start with Warner Publishing, they're good people.

• Members

Got about two hours worth. I keep it all on my phone so I can listen back. I had a real home recording spurt about ten years ago. Got some in my head to that I never forget, and never record. I quite like the idea of a song not being social media'd to death.

• Members

there's a reason they're sitting unused.

we appreciate the restraint.

what you do is steal all the better parts and write new good songs worth sharing.

I always say I'm going to do that, but never do. Its kinda like a musical diary, what was I into 5 years? Oh, weird, see you in a few years.

• Members

bax does

Truth. But, I write and record to please myself. It's my hobby so I don't mind having a {censored} ton of songs no one ever hears.

I have a {censored} ton of songs that have been deleted after 1/2 an attempt too.

• Members

i want to make an insert for my solo band cd where its me wearing 5 different outfits and slightly different facial hair, all leaping in the air giving ourselves a highfive. im not convinced the technology exists. we (all five of myselves in my solo band) will have to wait for the scientific community to catch up to our aspirations.

• Members
i want to make an insert for my solo band cd where its me wearing 5 different outfits and slightly different facial hair, all leaping in the air giving ourselves a highfive. im not convinced the technology exists. we (all five of myselves in my solo band) will have to wait for the scientific community to catch up to our aspirations.

I think you can do that if you are good with photoshop. I know I've seen videos where people have put 2 of themselves in the video. Here I found this random one just as an example:
[video=youtube;pVo-S9ns2_A]

I feel like if it can be done in a video it could be done with a photo :idk:

• Members

there's a reason they're sitting unused.

we appreciate the restraint.

what you do is steal all the better parts and write new good songs worth sharing.

There ya go. Gotta consolidate ya dig? It may take awhile but i actually like sifting through my many half completed songs and farming the best parts into a coherent song.

• Members

back in 1999 I had a catastrophic hard drive failure and I lost about 100 songs.

I used to digitize my 4 track recordings into mp3's. I thought they'd last forever like that and I could re-use the tapes.

but poof, all gone over night. mp3's, lead sheets, lyric sheets.

I only have about a dozen lead sheets that I had printed for a girl to do duets with still kicking around.

I figured one digital final version was secure enough to not bother keeping anything else.

For a while I really regretted losing all those tunes

but considering they were all just my first teenage compositions - do I really want anyone hearing those? were they really any good?

E A E A E D D

Just to hold you close to me

Just to hear you talk

Just to take a walk with you

Would be enough

To make me see

That I like you enough

To do stuff

HA!

I poached the good ideas that i remembered and don't really regret the rest disappearing.

one day, maybe, someone will decrypt the corrupt hard drive and find my crappy songs mixed in with a bunch of 0's and 1's of windows '95 code.

Archived