Simple Tap Tempo Delay. GO!

TomWales

• Members

As the title says really, don't really need anything beyond a nice simple clean digital delay with tap tempo. Any extra features are a nice bonus.

Prefer something with a built in tap tempo to save board space, extra cable ect.

I've got a Memory Boy so I want something a bit different to that in terms of voicing and features.

I'm also interested if anyone has used a TC Electronics Flashback (or the Nova) and if the Audio Tapping feature is actually any good.

• Members

Check out an Echo Park. That's a great delay that does all the basics plus some really cool stuff too, with built in tap tempo.

'Audio tapping' is only useful if A) you don't play with a drummer, or B) you can set the tempo before the song starts and there's no chance your drummer will speed up or slow down at any point during that song.

It mutes the pedal's output for a few seconds whilst you hold down the switch and strum the tempo in, so it's no good whatsoever if you want to set the tempo mid-song.

• Members

There's a slew of em out there. If you want space-saving, grab an Echo Park. If you can afford a little width, check out the T-Rex Replica. If you want to keep it cheap, Seymour Duncan does the Deja Vu, and Tech 21 has their Boost DLA.

• Members

I have the TC Electronic Alter Ego (re-branded, slightly different Flashback) and I will advise that the Tap(Strum, actually) tempo takes some getting used to and it takes quite a few more strums than usual taps for accuracy.

• Members

Boost DLA sounds luxurious.

Echo Park is great too, assuming it doesn't break on you.

The M5 is a great choice. Smaller than the M9, but has several delay models along with plenty of other fx if you want to play around.

The Nova Delay is really nice... I assume the Repeater would do as well.

The Memory Lane Jr is another option.

• Members

Well, obviously the Timeline is the only solution!

This thread has actually been pretty helpful so far. Unlike at certain other forums where you post a thread asking for cheap, simple suggestions, and people don't read the original post and just recommend $500 pedals. Just felt like I should be a dick and throw things off track. :lol:

In all honesty though, if you don't mind holding down the switch to access the tap tempo, the Boss DD-6 could be up your alley. :idk:

• Members

This thread has actually been pretty helpful so far. Unlike at certain other forums where you post a thread asking for cheap, simple suggestions, and people don't read the original post and just recommend $500 pedals. Just felt like I should be a dick and throw things off track.
:lol:

In all honesty though, if you don't mind holding down the switch to access the tap tempo, the Boss DD-6 could be up your alley.
:idk:

OP said simple, I don't see anywhere in the original post where he mentions cheap. Thats why i suggested the diamond.

• Members

Loads of great suggestions, thanks!

:lol:

I had an ME-50 in the past and that hand the whole hold down for tap tempo function and I didn't really get on with it.

I assume the Echo Park has that kinda deal too?

• Members

OP said simple, I don't see anywhere in the original post where he mentions cheap. Thats why i suggested the diamond.

Yeah, cheap is good but I don't mind spending the extra on something if I think it's worth it.

The Diamond looks great and I've tried out an El Cap in the past.

Archived