Aint it great to properly diagnose a problem and fix it yourself? Forums are Helpful

• Members

My Triumph wouldnt start so I posted on the forum for some hints. Everyones helpful, tracked through some wires, took stuff apart, got a good tip from duder, and found the problem was inside the ignition switch. Mad internet beers to all of you here too!

DSC05683.jpg

• Members

:lol:

Yeah, it's great when you can fix stuff yourself instead of having to pay someone else to do it.
:)

This.

Since the internet came along, I won't pay anyone to fix anything if I don't have to. I've repaired cars, ice makers, air conditioners, washers, dryers, the furnace, the dishwasher, plumbing, electrical, etc...

It's usually just a matter of ordering a part, and following a few instructions.

Plus it makes me feel manly. I'm pretty much a giant hairy woman otherwise.

• Members

The internet is amazing for car repair.

Type your car and the problem into google and you will find hundreds of people talking about the exact same problem that they encountered. It's ridiculous how easy it's become... even dumb, super general {censored} can be diagnosed really quickly or at the very least- you can narrow it down fast.

I've learned more solving my truck's problems with help from the internet than I did in 2 years of auto tech classes in high school. {censored}'s nice.

edit: Beaten by Bea Arthur ('s penis)

I'm not a giant hairy woman though.

• Members

Because of the internet, I am going to repair my blender. And if I fail, I will return it to Costco for a full refund. But I may not be able to find another red one to replace it. Modern living.

Bro, screw repairs... Costco takes everything back without questions.

• Members

The internet is amazing for car repair.

Type your car and the problem into google and you will find hundreds of people talking about the exact same problem that they encountered. It's ridiculous how easy it's become... even dumb, super general {censored} can be diagnosed really quickly or at the very least- you can narrow it down fast.

My daughter's car was at a repair shop for 2 months after getting a leaking crankshaft seal and timing chain replaced. The couldn't figure out why it wouldn't run right and even bought a replacement computer from the salvage yard.

So I finally decided to surf the web and almost immediately found someone who had the same issue and discovered that putting a gasket on the oil pan caused the crankshaft sensor to malfunction. The original seal was just silicone and a gasket was too thick. That solved the problem and they were at first reluctant to admit it because they didn't want to eat the computer. But they finally backed off and admitted that my info was the fix.

Who else here likes to guess the answer before Click and Clack?

• Members

Bro, screw repairs... Costco takes everything back without questions.

I know. I once returned an old metal table, that I'd been given from a friend, that was at least 5 years old. It had no markings on it, and was rusted. They took it back.

But in this case, Costco no longer carries the model I have (which I like). Nor do they have any reasonably priced red blenders.

Archived