Recommend a good sub $200 reverb pedal

madrigal77

• Members

I'm looking to grab myself a reverb pedal and am looking for recommendations. I was thinking of a TC HOF. Anyone have experience with that? What else is good in the $150-$200 range?

Also, my only experience with reverb is with your basic tank reverb built into amps. Can most reverb pedals cop stuff like this (@ 1:18) ?:

[video=youtube;b_qExV3qYr0]

Thanks!!

• Members

No, nothing can cop Strymon tone. Playing a Strymon pedal is like having an orgasm on top of Mount Everest. Do not even try to imitate. Strymon pedals are not made out of metals and plastics, they are made from the fibers of Zeus' beard. Everybody in the band and world will know when you are not playing a Strymon BlueSky Reverb pedal and they will judge you harshly, unforgivingly for doing so.

That being said, maybe try a Digitech RV-7, they get good reviews

• Members

Most reverbs don't have an octave up pitch shift. RV-5 is a great reverb pedal in my humble opinion, and used prices between $60-$80 can't go wrong. The spring on it, is not realistic, but I kinda dug it anyway. I have a spring theory at the moment; its really simple and more money. ehhhh... I would recommend it if you love spring and room like I do. The mooer shim verb, but I'm not sure its an octave up like the blue sky. the mooer is thirds? I think... something like that

• Members

- If you like spring reverb, the Spring Theory is awesome

- If you are thinking about getting a new HOF get the Trinity instead: http://proguitarshop.com/tc-electronic-trinity-reverb.html, you can load any of the HOF presets into it but the settings it has are not available on the HOF and some of those are supposedly really nice.

- A great ambient delay is the WET, listen to the volume swells around 2:00

[video=youtube;5kLVpey-aBw]

• Members

Most reverbs don't have an octave up pitch shift. RV-5 is a great reverb pedal in my humble opinion, and used prices between $60-$80 can't go wrong. The spring on it, is not realistic, but I kinda dug it anyway. I have a spring theory at the moment; its really simple and more money. ehhhh... I would recommend it if you love spring and room like I do. The
, but I'm not sure its an octave up like the blue sky. the mooer is thirds? I think... something like that

I think that mooer one is fifths maybe?

Isn't the new PGS/Hardwire Supernatural Ambient thing meant to have a shimmer mode? This thread: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2926542-Oh-look-a-new-Reverb-pedal....-AKA-Reverb-is-the-new-delay&highlight=another+reverb

That could be in the right price range too...

• Members

i had a HoF, was a nice versatile reverb. lots of good settings, the spring mode sucked though

traded it for a Spring Theory. and i must say the spring mode on that is a no go for me too, though the room is much more usable

got a WET in the mail, hopefully its what i'm looking for

• Members

{censored} it. I might just go all in and get the Strymon. It's really only $100 more and it would be the only effects pedal I use. Right now I have an EQ and that's it. It seems like it can cop some pretty good delay and chorus type stuff as well.

• Members

{censored} it. I might just go all in and get the Strymon. It's really only $100 more and it would be the only effects pedal I use. Right now I have an EQ and that's it. It seems like it can cop some pretty good delay and chorus type stuff as well.

Whoa, delay & chorus?? you should get m9 or m5. Or g3

Archived