How much does a fixed broken headstock devalue a guitar?

• Members

Broken head stock on my Gibson LP special, has been fixed.

How much does such a thing ding off the normal used value? average, $200? $300? $100?

what would you say?

I'm debating selling it, but if its worthless in current condition, I'd rather keep it, its a decent guitar. No body loves the faded specials with humbuckers anyway :(

• Members

just keep it
:idk:
are you not happy with it?

I'm mostly happy with it, but I want a princeton reverb amp. I play it less and less and less and the strat way more ... I know myself well enough though. As soon as I sell I'll want another humbuck based guitar...

• Members

I'd have no problem buying a guitar with a headstock repair, but I'd be looking for quite a deal on it. Especially with a very common guitar like a faded studio LP, there are so many others out there that you'd really have to discount to make a sale. It's probably best to just hold onto it.

edit: I can't read good

• Members

you know you want me. I've got that
I'm a religious cult leader
look in my eyes, you can't resist

Fixt.

Was it fixed by a pro shop? If so, I lop off only a small sum and note in the ad who did the repair. It is possible that if the shop is highly-regarded, that the repaired head stock won't be an issue. Instruments break. It happens.

• Members

Fixt.

Was it fixed by a pro shop? If so, I lop off only a small sum and note in the ad who did the repair. It is possible that if the shop is highly-regarded, that the repaired head stock won't be an issue.
Instruments break. It happens.

guitars are not hymens, they aren't meant to be broken.

Archived