Danelectro baritone guitars

Faldoe

• Members

Just got my first Dano, a Hornet RI and the sounds ... are really incredible for a "cheap" guitar ($150 @ MGR). Only comparison I can make is to a Jazzmaster, not that they sound alike, but just so very singular. Gorgeous.

I played one of their baritones, as well as a 12 string. All were loverly. Any thoughts about the Agile offset bari?

• Members

I once had to fix one of these for Kyp Malone from TV On the Radio. True story. He's a nice guy, by the way, though I could tell he was kind of depressed cause his bandmate died not that long ago and that's why he was paying bass parts on it. :(

• Members

I've been eying em, anyone have one? Reasonable price to pay for one used? - 90s reissue, good shape.

Like this one:

DaniBari01.jpg

I had that same guitar for a couple of years. Absolutely loved the sound of it, made some beautiful recordings with it. It played ok, a little rough on the finger tips though. I sold it and had Rick Kelly make me a tele baritione which is great but sometimes I miss the old Dano.

Thats a nice lookin' Bari, Phil. Hows it sound?

I think I could live happily with just Danelectro guitars. My U1 one sounds similar to a semi hollow Tele

It plays really well. I don't think it looks quite as cool as the older ones, but I think the MIK '05 models are a bit better built.

• Members

Mine is 30" scale.

BassesandBari-1.jpg

yep, the one I'm eying is a 30''

Are the necks - in terms of feel/shape, the same as the regular scale Danos with the similar body? I used early 2000s reissue to demo the Vox Pathfinder 15r that I bought and I thought it felt pretty good. I'm hoping the Baritone has a similar feel.

• Members

why not a reset?

I needed to access the Keys forum cause I had some questions. This place is like a drug. I don't do Facebook or any of that other {censored} so this is my one internet vice I suppose.

• Members

If you have a clunker junky funker 25.5 scale in the closet get a new nut shaped and get the right gauge strings for the tuning, tune it to C standard and take it for a spin. You might find C more usable in a band setting with not much dough spent testing the waters either.

I agree with ths. I do it with my tele and it works out great.

Archived