Which pedals can do Sound-on-sound like El Capistan?

triviani

• Members

Are there any other delays/loopers that can do that Capistan's sound-on-sound thing?

I mean, with:

- Degrading audio quality as the loop cycles

- Able to add overdubs when desired

Cannot recall any right now with both features

• Members

tell me more

Real easy to do;

1.) Set the mode to Tape

2.) Set the delay time for your loop length (i.e. 10 secs)

3.) Set feedback to maximum to make your loop repeat infinitely or lower if you want the loop to fade out each time the loop repeats

4.) As the DD-20 has trials, with the feedback is set high, the loop with still playback even when the effect is engaged/disengaged, so use this as a way to add overdubs/solo over the top of your loop

• Members

Are there any other delays/loopers that can do that Capistan's sound-on-sound thing?

I mean, with:

- Degrading audio quality as the loop cycles

- Able to add overdubs when desired

Cannot recall any right now with both features

My El Capistan sounded like {censored} when compared to my Deep Blue Delay, which does what you are asking. I own and old DBD with 650 ms, not the one they sell now

• Members

The Smmh and Headrush loopers will not work in the way the El Capistan Sound on Sound feature works.

The El Capistan SOS mode is mimicking a length a tape repeating over, so its constantly evolving, decaying, etc. The only way you can effectively mimic that with an alternative pedal is to set a long delay time with a constantly active feedback control so that the repeats attenuate with each pass.

• Members

Seems like the Capistan is pretty unique in that aspect.

Still, I have to try a Capistan in person, demos always sound too much hi-fi to me, sometimes they remember me that old Windows opening sound. But I could see myself using the sound on sound feature a lot.

Archived