NGD: My first shortscale

• Members

Just got back from a vacation yesterday and picked this up at the post office:

2hncs50.jpg

orib9f.jpg

Fender Pawn Shop Mustang Special.

Bought it when Thomann did a blow-out on the old v1 models with the truss rod access at the neck pocket so I got it dirt cheap. It's a bit of a change coming from a 25,5" scale and the first thing I noticed is that the neck feels a faster while retaining the chunkiness (probably due to the frets being closer together). The sounds you can get from the different switch combinations are great too and the humbuckers are OK, nothing to get excited about but decent non the less.

Also: I've put .011's on it and dropped it to C and it instantly played and sounded a lot better.

All in all a great looking, playing and sounding guitar so HNGD to me!

• Members

Good buy! The new models (v2) are MIM I believe. Your 'stang should be MIJ.

I am still unsure about mine, I LOVE the versatility and it plays really easy for a shortscale but I look rediculous playing it live due to it's size

:facepalm: Really should have considered that before the purchase or maybe I should just stop being such a puss.

Bought it when Thomann did a blow-out on the old v1 models with the truss rod access at the neck pocket so I got it dirt cheap.

Congrats on the cool new guitar! Yours is MIJ, and the new ones are MIM.

This is the best Mustang color combo ever, IMO.

1965-Fender-Mustang-Daphne-Blue-Big.jpg

Although I love the comp Orange ones from the 70's and the comp yellow ones from Japan. Phil's pink Duo Sonic is pretty sweet too.

OK. I like them all.

:D

So do I. Oh, and - thanks. :)

I like the competition orange ones too. And I really need a blue one... that's a glaring missing piece in my Mustang / Duo Sonic / Music Master collection.

Archived