Trade advice.

• Members

http://sitorisonics.com/effects/brownie-cream-1-detail

Tough to say. I can't find any clips either. What I can say is this- the Jekyll & Hyde can be found anywhere, but you may not have another opportunity for a unique pedal like this. Price is in the same ballpark (and in your favor), but who knows? These trades are always a gamble. I guess you could ask if he would send first or provide pics/clips.

Mogwai and Sonic Youth use the Brownies and Cream.

• Members

Tough to say. I can't find any clips either. What I can say is this- the Jekyll & Hyde can be found anywhere, but you may not have another opportunity for a unique pedal like this. Price is in the same ballpark (and in your favor), but who knows? These trades are always a gamble. I guess you could ask if he would send first or provide pics/clips.

Mogwai and Sonic Youth use the Brownies and Cream.

That is a very good point. I do worry though for the same reason. Simply because if i don't like it i wonder if i'll ever be able to sell it simply because no one has ever heard of it. I may just go for it though. I'm just not bonding with the hyde side so i rarely use it.

• Members

That is a very good point. I do worry though for the same reason. Simply because if i don't like it i wonder if i'll ever be able to sell it simply because no one has ever heard of it. I may just go for it though. I'm just not bonding with the hyde side so i rarely use it.

Bummer. I love the Hyde side, especially in the V2 pedal. I guess you could always go with a Route 808 if you want that tone back.

Anyway, if you do decide to sell the Brownie, send along some links to HC reviews, links to the website and specs... it will help your case a lot. Heck, record some clips and send those...

• Members

Bummer. I love the Hyde side, especially in the V2 pedal. I guess you could always go with a Route 808 if you want that tone back.

Anyway, if you do decide to sell the Brownie, send along some links to HC reviews, links to the website and specs... it will help your case a lot. Heck, record some clips and send those...

Really? The hyde can get some good sounds but i've found that there's only one setting of all the knobs and switches that sounds good to me. every other configuration sounds bad to my ears for some reason.

Yeah I may do that. The guy said he is gonna record some clips tonight so we'll see what they sound like.

• Members

Really? The hyde can get some good sounds but i've found that there's only one setting of all the knobs and switches that sounds good to me. every other configuration sounds bad to my ears for some reason.

I generally do set it to a specific sound, that's true. Then I get the variants from the guitar and/or other pedals. There are a lot of good sounds to be had, but there's definitely a tone there that I prefer... depending on how my amp is set.

• Members

I generally do set it to a specific sound, that's true. Then I get the variants from the guitar and/or other pedals. There are a lot of good sounds to be had, but there's definitely a tone there that I prefer... depending on how my amp is set.

Yeah, it definitely has some good sounds. Mostly i think i'm just bored with the sound. I've had it for awhile and it's the only OD pedal i've ever had aside from a bad monkey. So i guess i just want to try some different stuff and see what's out there.

• Members

It's a rehoused $60 kit?

Not really. There are many small builders that use General Guitar Gadgets PCB's in their builds. This isn't a bad thing, I have built several pedals on a GGG board and the PCB's are high quality. There are plenty of brown sound in a box videos on youtube. Sorry for my earlier cryptic post. Arthritis+tablet=brevity.

• Members

Not really. There are many small builders that use General Guitar Gadgets PCB's in their builds. This isn't a bad thing, I have built several pedals on a GGG board and the PCB's are high quality. There are plenty of brown sound in a box videos on youtube. Sorry for my earlier cryptic post. Arthritis+tablet=brevity.

haha no problem man. thanks for the info though. I Just think if it's simply a modded kit then I might just get the kit and mess around with some transistor changes myself. $60 plus some trannies is pretty cheap for a good pedal and i can build it myself. I read about some modifications to the BSIAB2 on TGP so i might give those a shot.

• Members

Yeah, it definitely has some good sounds. Mostly i think i'm just bored with the sound. I've had it for awhile and it's the only OD pedal i've ever had aside from a bad monkey. So i guess i just want to try some different stuff and see what's out there.

Understood. I also have a Dano TOD, MI Audio Blues Pro, JHS Mini Foot Fuzz, Handmade Fuzz Face clone, DOD FX55b, and a Tech 21 Blonde. Believe it or not, the J&H (both sides) has a unique voice in there. I've flipped a Barber Direct Drive, modded Metal Zone, and a Way Huge Swollen Pickle because I didn't care for the tone...

• Members

Understood. I also have a Dano TOD, MI Audio Blues Pro, GFS Mini Foot Fuzz, Handmade Fuzz Face clone, DOD FX55b, and a Tech 21 Blonde. Believe it or not, the J&H (both sides) has a unique voice in there. I've flipped a Barber Direct Drive, modded Metal Zone, and a Way Huge Swollen Pickle because I didn't care for the tone...

Oh i forgot to mention i have a keeley fuzz head. But fuzzes are so different. I have a emerson EM-drive in the mail so I'll get to try that out. I decided not to trade for sitori sonics brownies and cream. that's some interesting information on pedal's you've flipped instead of the J&H. I guess i wanted to try some other stuff to see what's out there especially because the J&H doesn't get as much love it seems as it used to. It's all wampler and jhs and cmatmods now. Who knows maybe it's still one of the better dirt pedals out there. Specifically on the hyde side i feel like the "sharp" setting is more than useless...i may not have played with it enough though. WHen i get home from vacation i'll see if i can get anything usable out of that side.

• Members

Oh i forgot to mention i have a keeley fuzz head. But fuzzes are so different. I have a emerson EM-drive in the mail so I'll get to try that out. I decided not to trade for sitori sonics brownies and cream. that's some interesting information on pedal's you've flipped instead of the J&H. I guess i wanted to try some other stuff to see what's out there especially because the J&H doesn't get as much love it seems as it used to. It's all wampler and jhs and cmatmods now. Who knows maybe it's still one of the better dirt pedals out there. Specifically on the hyde side i feel like the "sharp" setting is more than useless...i may not have played with it enough though. WHen i get home from vacation i'll see if i can get anything usable out of that side.

Some fuzzes are really different, but some bridge the gap between OD and fuzz, which is why I mentioned them. I use the FF on a low gain voltage starved setting, and it's a great gainy fuzz. The Blues Pro is a great fuzzy OD.

Anyway, on the Hyde, I've had good luck with the sharp setting on when the pedal is set a little darker. Right now, though, I've turned up the presence on my amp and was able to turn sharp off and just set the Hyde channel brighter. I just got a new guitar, though, which means I'll probably have to revoice all my dirt pedals.

Archived