First venture into a "real" Electro Harmonix pedal....

• Members

I like the POG 2 better...smaller...sounds just as good...presets. Pure win. :o

The only thing keeping it from being the greatest pedal ever is lack of MIDI for program changes and parameter control. That would be f'ing amazing. If EHX started doing that for pedals like the POG 2 and the Micro Synth XO, I'd be on that {censored} like white on rice with a glass of milk on a paper plate shared with Edgar Winter in a snow storm. :o

• Members

to be honest, I'm not 100% sure what the HOG does....other than it takes a lot of money to get one.

It has expression control over: whammy style pitch bending, freeze-gliss, freeze-volume, and filter/wah sweeps.

It has a dry output so you can submix the direct and wet signals.

It has a spectral gate.

It has the ability to store 6 presets with the added pedal.

• Members

Might need a little work.....no tips on the sliders and one of the slider tabs is snapped off..........Is it hard to replace or to find replacement sliders??

I had a POG with a couple of broken sliders. I wanted to find replacements on small bear so I tried emailing ehx. They won't even talk to you about the POG because it isn't currently in production.

• Members

I had a POG with a couple of broken sliders. I wanted to find replacements on small bear so I tried emailing ehx. They won't even talk to you about the POG because it isn't currently in production.

Hmm........so what did you eventually find?

• Members
I like the POG 2 better...smaller...sounds just as good...presets. Pure win.
:o

The only thing keeping it from being the greatest pedal ever is lack of MIDI for program changes and parameter control. That would be f'ing amazing. If EHX started doing that for pedals like the POG 2 and the Micro Synth XO, I'd be on that {censored} like white on rice with a glass of milk on a paper plate shared with Edgar Winter in a snow storm.
:o

This for the most part. I've never tried an original, but the Pog 2 sounds amazing and I love it for the smaller footprint and presets.

I've noticed, you love the {censored} out of MIDI.

Archived