OT: Hardcore is so hardcore.

Kimme

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If they really trademarked the name they could just serve them with a cease and desist letter. There'd be no argument.

Exactly. I actually just checked the trademark registry - I have time on my hands, leave me alone - and neither band appears to be in there. If OP really wants to troll, he should register his band and serve what's his name a cease and desist.

• Members

Exactly. I actually just checked the trademark registry - I have time on my hands, leave me alone - and neither band appears to be in there. If OP really wants to troll, he should register his band and serve what's his name a cease and desist.

It was obvious the he was bluffing with his mention how they owned the copyright and when that didn't scare the OP he resorted to moron douchebag threats. But yes, that would be a delightful come-uppance for their feeble-minded approach to this contretemps.

• Members

Whoever wrote those messages in Vice 2 is a {censored}wad.

Guy in Vice 1 was amazingly curteous, and polite for paragraph after paragraph. He didn't have to be, but he was being cool. There is no way he could've been more polite.

Guy in Vice 2 not only stole a band name, (an activity reserved strictly for {censored}wads), but then was more of a bitch about than those bitches on Sweet 16.

So hopefully the guy in Vice 1 puts his Dr. Marten through {censored} wad in Vice 2's face... or at least gets his band name back.

• Members

I'm gonna trademark Vice and sue both of them

Seriously, someone should do this. Hopefully the end result will be that both bands stop making {censored}ty hardcore music (haven't listened to either band, but feel like it's a safe assumption to make).

• Members

LOL That's {censored}ing hilarious....I remember back in high school, no one was into hardcore at all, but then all of the sudden sophomore year there were a few kids who not even six months beforehand were wearing Primus, Nirvana, Live, Soundgarden, Bush, NIN, Pearl Jam, Tool, etc. T-shirts were all of the sudden wearing T-shirts of all these obscure hardcore bands and had all these patches safety pinned to their pants and back packs LOL. From what I saw it was all a fashion statement, all the kids that were all about "the scene" and "staying true" were just concerned with the image, they loved the IDEA of it, and couldn't care less about the music...I remember going to a few "shows" with one of these clowns and it was a joke, there were all these bands there, but no one was there for the music, it was all just about being seen there...

I myself never really got into hardcore much at all, though ironically one of my all time fav bands is Shai Hulud, I think their split with Indecision and their 3 albums are some of the most beautiful and brutal and intense music ever made, and their lyrics are the greatest ever written (IMHO). No joke, I was working in a gas station and had one of their albums blasting on the CD player and a kid came in wearing a Shai Hulud hoodie...HE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IT WAS THEM PLAYING ON THE CD, let along couldn't name a song or album, it was {censored}ing pathetic...

Don't get me wrong, I know there are musos and fans out there that really are into the music, and are actual tough guys, but I swear, in my experience the VAST majority of them were all just kids that wanted the image of it and just liked the idea of being a part of whatever they thought the whole thing was and had no balls whatsoever...

• Members

you should definitely do this.

• Members

I don't think Vice 2 stole the band name, Vice 1 is from NY and Vice 2 is from Ohio. If someone in a different state has the same lame ass generic band name as you, I wouldn't complain. And both bands are boring derivative hardcore.

This is essentially what I was gonna type.

• Members

Guys, for reference, pretty sure Kimme is unattached to this argument and I'm assuming just reposting it from somewhere else. He's from Germany, and his band isn't named Vice. And doesn't suck.

Yeah, I missed this at first, but edited. Sorry, Kimme.

Archived