Ever gone full circle with your gear?

gjhardwick

• Members

At the weekend I scored one of the reissue Electro Harmonix 16 Second Digital Delays.

I originally used the 16 Second back in 2006/07 before selling it (probably for another looper pedal).

Ever gone full circle with your gear? Buying a pedal, selling it, only to buy again at a later date?

• Members

Yes, which is why I have stopped selling most things. I've really got to feel absolutely no use/love for gear before I'll sell it. If I even kind of like something, I'll hold on to it because I know that I'll just end up re-buying things later. I actaully started to rotate through my gear every couple of months to keep GAS down. :)

• Members

I've only ever re-bought one pedal; the freeze. Although there are a few that I would like to own again some day; fuzz factory, pn-2, disaster transport.

I'm always surprised to hear that people have bought and sold the same pedal 4 or 5 times.

• Members

I've only ever re-bought one pedal; the freeze. Although there are a few that I would like to own again some day; fuzz factory, pn-2, disaster transport.

I'm always surprised to hear that people have bought and sold the same pedal 4 or 5 times.

I've bought and sold three Whammy IVs and currently have the Whammy II which luckily is so beaten up that I'd ashamed to sell it.. :facepalm:

• Members

Nup, never! It kind of surprises me when people do though....

I only ever sell gear to fund replacements of the gear I'm selling. Most recent ones have been selling a Spring Chicken to get an M9, and selling my Carbon Copy to get a DM-2. Very happy with both replacements!

I was recently thinking about selling my Les Paul Jr., but after using it for a few raucous Hard Rock gigs, I remembered how great it sounds!

• Members

I started with a Harmony Stella in '66.

Lost track of guitar for a while, then restarted with a Teisco/Silvertone setup in HS

Lost track of guitar during career and married and 2-kids-raising days.

...then the beotch divorced me and now I have nearly 20 Harmonys.

• Members

I always go back to Boss pedals. Delays and choruses.

irs weird, i am too. ive been selling stuff just because i just dont use it any more..

i use a cs2 alot. i use my mij dd3 (i have 2), the vb2, i just got a dm2 again (so I guess Im going full circle)...

roland and boss (with some pearl and guyatone)

• Members

I started out in the late 80's with rack gear, Digitech effects, ADA Mp-1 Hush, BBE good sound, great flexibility, perfect for Thrash and Inustrial Metal.

Played bass for a few years, started using pedals. Went on to an Alt/Country band, bought a tube combo, and more pedals.

My current project of Ambient Metal, has me using a Combo that weighs 75 lbs, and it's killing my back. Since I never sell anything, I pulled out my Mosvalve Power amp, a JMP-1 preamp, and my TC G-Major

And am just floored on how perfect the sound is. No need for OD boosts, no need for noise reduction, clear brilliant, and thick.

SO, I am back to a smaller, more transportable rack, and a custom 2x12 cab, and other than the pain of having to program footswitches again, bliss.

Archived