Hey SAL didn't you work on Boardwalk Empire?

• Members

Why would you want PA work? Are you interested in being an AD or director? Otherwise getting endlessly {censored} on for pennies is not gonna pay off.

I am interested in directing or camera department. I graduated last year and have been working in a corporate video setting since.

I've done a decent amount of freelance stuff for my area, but haven't worked on a larger scale production like that and do wonder whether it's for me or not.

• Members

I served Steve Buscemi many times in a restaurant I used to work in, he is a neighbor of my significant others family. He is genuine good people, unassuming, and would rather not be recognized. SAL, which seasons did you work on? I absolutely adore the sets on this show, really transports the viewer to the time period. Some fantastic writing and acting as well!

edit- I did not start this thread to beg for a job/job advice....I am appreciating your craft :)

• Members

Bob Shaw, our production designer, who also did all of the Sopranos seasons did season one and set the tone. He left the show after the first season and Bill Groom, another excellent designer has been our production designer for season 2 and 3...

[video=youtube;1vcA_Q2M1Yc]

• Members

We built a giant 7 room brothel for season 3 that might be the most expensive / decadent faux finishing project i have ever been involved with.

sweet, I used to work for a great theater company in Buffalo in the 90's....used to love watching the set painters/designers do their thing, fun lot those guys and gals!

• Members

Resident Smurf Land builder.

Seems like a great job SAL, hope you enjoyed the boardwalk experience :thu:

My brother works in pinewood, he's as down to earth as you about who he works with - On meeting Penelope Cruz: 'she takes a {censored} like anyone else'.

Archived