Any Wahzoo Love?

• Members

I've been interested in this pedal for some time now but I dont think anyone carries it to demo. Some of the online demos sound good, one I heard not much. I do like the step wah feature and it doesn't hurt to have the auto wah either I spose. Curious how the wah itself is.

I've been using a Tech21 Killer Whail for maybe 8 years which I chose over a Crybaby and a Morley. It still works fine, which seems to be a minor miracle if you believe what you read on the net.

There wasn't a whole lot of info on this forum when I did a search btw.

• Members

ive messed with one several times. the actual wah sounds great, one of my favorite "classic sounding" wahs actually next to the maestro boomer 2 and roland wah beat. i like 'em really juicy/liquidy. what else do you want to know?

• Members

Thanks. Mainly curious about the wah assuming the step wah will sound the same. One of the youtube vids comparing it to a Keeley crybaby and a another Keeley wah it sounded a little thin. Maybe the dude didn't shut off one of the other wahs before steppin on the wahzoo. Would you say it is thin sounding?

• Members

Thanks. Mainly curious about the wah assuming the step wah will sound the same. One of the youtube vids comparing it to a Keeley crybaby and a another Keeley wah it sounded a little thin. Maybe the dude didn't shut off one of the other wahs before steppin on the wahzoo. Would you say it is thin sounding?

it doesn't sound super throaty but i wouldn't personally call it "thin." i think voodoo's spiel about it says that they use a NOS 60's inductor, so it will tend to sound like wahs of that era.

Archived