Advice please on updating pedals via the interwebz (dumb old guy content)

Danhedonia

• Members

So, uh, I'm old and only recently recommitted myself to *making* music.

Since I dropped off the face of the Gear Planet in about 1998 or so, much has happened, including some very, very fancy new pedals. Ooh, la la.

However, I realize I don't know much about updating my new TC Hall of Fame or Zoom G3 via the interwebz. I *AM* aware that I'm supposed to plug them in via USB and (in the case of the HOF "toneprint" feature, open a file I downloaded) and then, uh, cough, do something.

But I'm not exactly sure of the precise steps, and I don't want to mess anything up.

Questions:

* for either/both, do I have to have them powered ON to update / do "toneprint?" OFF but plugged in? Doesn't matter at all?

* I downloaded the Toneprint file "Steve Morse Spring." Do I just double-click on that with the pedal plugged in to any USB port? Is there an application I need to manage the toneprint overwrite/update?

* The G3 is new; I don't have any scenes/patches recorded yet, so not worried about losing data. I assume the update is a self-launching app? I did read the firmware update guide. However, I can't tell if I'm supposed to already have the "Edit and Share" software installed on my PC?

Thanks for any tips!

• Members

Got through the Toneprint update ... Jesus, TC has HORRIBLE support info; I'm not alone in this, there are remarks on their own pages (that they're ignoring) asking for videos and help.

Still have absolutely no idea how to A/B the toneprints. Hitting "Help" on the screen doesn't solve a thing.

Zoom not much better, but at least it's more foolproof (i.e. me-proof).

Anyone know how to A/B the toneprints?

• Members

You have one tone print setting that you can update. The easiest thing to do is to get te lastest firmware for it. The firmware install the same way as the tone print, just click the executable. When you're on the latest version you can update the tone print using your smart phone. Just download the app, select the tone print and follow the on-screen instructions.

Archived