The official Boss CE-2 ***holes club

renula

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bought one about 4 months ago. First chorus pedal I really really like, I passionately hated all the other chorus peds I tried before. Paid a lot less than the normal internwebz average too:)

• Members

Heartfelt bro, you use it stock? or you replaced the caps to have it closer sounding to the CE-2?

Absolutely stock and I run it at 12v which probably makes no difference :D As BossArea says, "The chorus effect is only applied to the harmonics and not to the original note. This makes the bottom remain clear while it adds more breadth to the signal.". For REM/Smiths jangle, it's absolutely perfect as the bottom end is clear and the top end has this bit of shimmer going on.

I run the CE-2B on the left amp of a Peavey Bandit stereo pair as my way of copying the way chorus is implemented on a JC-120. Had three JC-120's of varying ages (1st edition through to 3rd), been through countless chorus pedals, and my current chorus rig is the best I've had.

• Members

I have one of those too, and a Jacques singermeister.

The CE-3 is fab for vibrato sounds but a bit noisy. I'm thinking of changing the caps in mine after checking out a couple of web pages talking about this mod. That Jacques chorus is something I need to try out in the future for sure.

Archived