OT: Deleting Plugins From a Mac (Logic/Ableton Maintenance Thread)

Palaver

• Members

Hey guys,

I just need some advice on this issue. I've been cleaning up files on my computer, deleting AUs and VSTs. I've deleted them from the application section... and I've tried searching them in the "Find" window. So far, I've went and deleted everything I could find (if there was an uninstall box, I'd obviously go and delete the app/program thru that option).

However, when I go into Logic/Ableton, I can still load up all of the plugins (which I thought were deleted). I can't figure out why this is the case, and I have no idea where they are sitting, or where to get rid of the files.

I'm not quite sure where to research this in the manual, or how to go about doing this... can anyone here point me in the right direction?

Thank-you kindly,

Phil B

• Members

Hey guys,

I just need some advice on this issue. I've been cleaning up files on my computer, deleting AUs and VSTs. I've deleted them from the application section... and I've tried searching them in the "Find" window. So far, I've went and deleted everything I could find (if there was an uninstall box, I'd obviously go and delete that).

However, when I go into Logic/Ableton, I can still load up all of the plugins (which I thought were deleted). I can't figure out why this is the case, and I have no idea where they are sitting, or where to get rid of the files.

I'm not quite sure where to research this in the manual, or how to go about doing this... can anyone in here point me in the right direction?

Thank-you kindly,

Phil B

plugins don't function from you application folder. Not in front of my computer right now, but there are 2 places each (including custom locations that you can declare in some plugins) where they can be found. Something like /library/audio/plugins/vst....that likely isn't exactly. These can sometimes be under your user folder, or in the main library folder. the files should be showing up when you search for them. Are you sure you're using a correct filename?

• Members

plugins don't function from you application folder. Not in front of my computer right now, but there are 2 places each (including custom locations that you can declare in some plugins) where they can be found. Something like /library/audio/plugins/vst....that likely isn't exactly. These can sometimes be under your user folder, or in the main library folder. the files should be showing up when you search for them. Are you sure you're using a correct filename?

Wow, that was quick.

I've done that (in the search bar), but no luck. I'll try the manuals of the software hosts and see what happens. Perhaps (and hopefully), I'm just doing something retardedly stupid.

• Members

Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/

and

home folder/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/

Yeah I also trash the preset folders in Library/Audio/Presets. Sometimes companies will start their folders in unlikely places though and you have to hunt them down...

Archived