Looks like my band will be touring the UK next spring.

• Members

Talked with a UK booker/promoter today who's going to be putting the tour together for us and helping promote our new album when it comes out. This will be my first trip overseas. If we can survive the mixing of the album without killing one another it should be a lot of fun. :D

• Members

congratulations. that's awesome. in my experience, touring the uk is more like touring america than anywhere else in europe that i've been. generally in europe you get treated really really well as band on tour compared to the states. it's alright in the uk, but just a bit more like here. still a little better though. and at least the drives are all pretty short. that being said, i still really like going to the uk. in general, i really enjoy the company of the folks over there. maybe not everyone, but usually at every show there's at least a few people i end up hanging out with that i really enjoy. it's a fun place and pretty enjoyable to tour, as long as your prepared for the fact that almost every venue will have a really steep narrow and tall stairway that you will have to carry your gear up and down.

that's great for your band. good luck with the mixing. i hope you enjoyed portland.

• Members

Awesome! Things are moving along for you.
:thu:

Slowly but surely. At the very least I'll get to see the UK for the first time in my life. We've been getting a surprising amount of tweets from folks in the UK regarding our band. I don't use Twitter but the guys in the band seem pretty enthused about what they're seeing and they're no strangers to social media.

We've also received a lot of offers from bands for shows and places to crash. We'll probably just end up with our organs being harvested but I figure it's been a fun ride so far...what's losing a kidney or two for rock-n-roll and a chance to go to London?

• Members

congratulations. that's awesome. in my experience, touring the uk is more like touring america than anywhere else in europe that i've been. generally in europe you get treated really really well as band on tour compared to the states. it's alright in the uk, but just a bit more like here. still a little better though. and at least the drives are all pretty short. that being said, i still really like going to the uk. in general, i really enjoy the company of the folks over there. maybe not everyone, but usually at every show there's at least a few people i end up hanging out with that i really enjoy. it's a fun place and pretty enjoyable to tour, as long as your prepared for the fact that almost every venue will have a really steep narrow and tall stairway that you will have to carry your gear up and down.

that's great for your band. good luck with the mixing. i hope you enjoyed portland.

Thanks. Yeah, Portland was a blast. Probably ate more burgers at Moonshine than I should have. I went there every day for lunch...double burger with bacon, avocado and fresh jalapenos. :D

• Members

Came in to say exactly this. I've done 3 UK tours in the past couple of years with 2 Euro tours and I love everybody over there, but the continent is a dream to tour. Germany, Austria, Denmark, Switzerland...

Drove for my first UK tour, took trains for te second two. You can play London several times on a single tour if you spread it out enough.

Best!

• Members

One of the things you'll probably like about the UK is that wherever you are, you're not very far away from the countryside. I's such a small place, relatively, that all of our major cities are not too far from other major cities, so none of your drives will be too long (unless you pick a silly route to tour). But most cities are within 20 or 30 minutes drive of some amazing countryside views, and whilst we may not have quite the variety of landscapes you guys have over there, thee is still a fair old spectrum of different kinds of views.

• Members

One of the things you'll probably like about the UK is that wherever you are, you're not very far away from the countryside. I's such a small place, relatively, that all of our major cities are not too far from other major cities, so none of your drives will be too long (unless you pick a silly route to tour). But most cities are within 20 or 30 minutes drive of some amazing countryside views, and whilst we may not have quite the variety of landscapes you guys have over there, thee is still a fair old spectrum of different kinds of views.

I was surprised to visit a friend in Leeds and 30 minutes away was some fantastic country and hills.

• Members

You guys who are all touring Europe/England...why no band links in your sig? Love to hear your stuff...

Here's the band that's touring in the UK...

http://www.reverbnation.com/tokyoraid

Here's the other band I'm also in currently...

http://www.reverbnation.com/playlist/view_playlist/-4?page_object=artist_2679794

...and here's the band I was in before that...

http://www.myspace.com/thenewdaybreakers

Archived