Need help on doing a one-night trip to Vancouver on the cheap

pbone

• Members

Husband and I are going to go to Vancouver on tuesday--wednesday and want to do it on the hella cheapz.

What I need info on:

- If there's anything going on Tuesday night

- Where are the good dive bars and places to get into trouble

- If there are any parks to camp, or, barring that, good neighborhoods to sleep in our car and not get dickhoused

- Whatever else I need to know

Cheers,

LeBron

• Members

whoops almost forgot, {censored} the canucks!!!

The Vancouver Canucks? I think they do a good enough job on their own, they don't need any help in that department. I'm not sure if this thread is serious or not, but I'm sure there are cheap hostels in Van.

• Members

dive bars? try the Patricia or the Balmoral, anything on East Hastings would qualify as a dive bar. you could then camp at Pidgeon Park at Hastings and Carroll (I'm kidding don't camp there or go there unless you're "looking").

get to the seawall and go to Stanley Park, it's a great walk and goes all the way around the park and some of the city.

if you're into metal try Funky Winkerbeans but the good shows are on the weekend.

for live music mid week, try the Rickshaw Theatre, Railway Club, Backstage Lounge, Republic, Venue, Commodore Ballroom, Red Room, etc.

Vancouver is an expensive city, not much cheap going on here.

if you want to sleep in your car, check out Kits Beach or Jericho Beach, they're not downtown (close) so you won't get (many) crazy homeless people roaming around.

I don't think there's any campgrounds in the city where you can pitch a tent, if there was there'd be homeless a tent society set up in minutes.

the Cambie Hotel is a cool bar and hostel.

Archived