Reverbs... Which one? Best use?

Infi-del

• Members

Just like my thread about delays. I want to hear your opinions on reverbs. I assume they best go on the end of the signal chain. But what are some reverbs that really stand out for you? I am really impressed by the Eventide Space and think that'll be the one for me. I'd rather buy a $400.00 pedal that can do it all than go through 2 or 3 $150.00 pedals finding what I want. But I'd like to hear some thoughts.

• Members

It depends on what you want from your reverbs. Do you want spring reverb, rooms, caverns etc? Something higher fidelity or a real lo-fi sound? Saying 'Reverbs... Which one? Best use?' is as meaningless without context as you starting a thread saying 'Guitars... Which one? Best use?' :)

• Members

depends on what you want.

if you like a good realistic spring reverb, the malekko spring is incredible, and the ehx holy grail is a classic.

if you want more options than just spring, the digitech hardwire reverb is amazing. the spring setting is almost as good as the malekko spring, and the reverse is inspiring. modulated is really cool as well, nice and subtle. gated reverb works great for drums or if you wanna get crazy on guitar. and i was really impressed with the room setting. very realistic.

lolpic

2u9pnh1.jpg

• Members

Well, I'm not really into the Dick Dale or 50's Chooka Chooka type reverbs. I'm more looking for large open spacious sounds. Erie, lonely, faraway type tones. Something that with the mix all the way up might even give you a "strings" type of sound.

• Members

Well, I'm not really into the Dick Dale or 50's Chooka Chooka type reverbs. I'm more looking for large open spacious sounds. Erie, lonely, faraway type tones. Something that with the mix all the way up might even give you a "strings" type of sound.

the hardwire reverb has hall reverb that sounds huuuuuuge.

• Members

Personally I'd go for old rack units. Someone will mention the EHX Cathedral which I thought was mostly {censored}. The Strymon BSR is nice but has a certain sound all its own that I don't like. The Hardwire reverb I suspect won't do 100% wet reverb.

• Members

Look into the flint.

• Members

If you're rich: Space or Blue Sky.

If you're not: RV-3, or maybe that new supernatural.

If you're poor: Biyang Tri-Reverb.

I've got both the RV-3 and the Biyang, they're what I always recommend when someones is looking for an affordable reverb that can sound huge spacey washed out creepy organic etc:)

I was very dissapointed with the ehx reverbs I tried/owned btw. Different strokes I guess...

• Members

There's just something about this one. I'm not even a reverb guy, but I want it. To the OP, I would suggest looking at the new Hardwire Supernatural.

Unfortunately this new Hardwire has no demos and is not even available to pre-order from its exclusive dealer, PGS, who has the "coming in July" teaser. So you might as well save up for the air guitar you always wanted if this is your ticket to ride.

On the other side, reality, the Hardwire Reverb pedal that IS available and the TCE Hall of Fame are both excellent verbs under 2 bills. Add to them, the Holy Grail line from EHX surprised me and is a very musical verb as well.

• Members

This sounds like my normal experience with EHX. Maybe the two I tried were the 1/100 that actually worked right out of the box.

Actually, the holier grail I used to have sounded so spectacularly mediocre and dull, I wouldn't be surprised if there was really somthing wrong with it. Bought it new, but well under the normal price.

I guess it got discontinued short after it was released for good reason :idk:

Archived