So a small town American cop visits Canada...

finboy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I meant individually, Baby Boomers and Ayn Rand. Ayn Rand and her dumb ass science fiction book played a direct hand in the last forty some odd years of American enterprise. Alan Greenspan, neo-cons, corporate executives, "greed is good", the whole Nixon/Reagan/Bush team, lobotomizing the cowboy, the end of American democracy (it's over) and now Fox and Ron Paul. That meme keeps going, and it's the same one all master teach their slaves - it's my God given right to own you.

Meanwhile I think the Baby Boomers came of age at a critical time in our development to end this "greed" thing and caved like {censored}in bitches in the face of potentially certain doom. I've not met one baby boomer in middle class America that wasn't clueless. And I don't just mean in an over educated white kid kinda way, which I do, but clueless-clueless. That's always been there, but I keep studying the past, and can't help but think our humanity is getting eatin away by all this long distance, machine living. And it ties in with the Ayn Rand thing too. This whole "me" culture. They're all just "too cool" to give a {censored} about anythign but themselves. A bunch of {censored}ing kids raised us. It was a terrible trap, but they so smuggly walked right into it. They took the American Dream, wrapped it around a telephone poll and handed back the keys to us kids with a dumb mother{censored}in look on their face. And as much as I love the "image", because I do love that Easy Rider image, the reality isn't close. It's a dumb car and kids you haven't talked to in months. I don't think any generation was given as much promise, and saddled with as much {censored}, but they just ran away. And bought crap. And did {censored}ty jobs protecting their society.

Quite naturally, I'm speaking of my parents generation - but that's not to speak of actual individuals, who even in their worst hour are always okay in my book, but I politely take politics seriously. With 'f bombs. Because life means {censored} and stuff. And when I wake up in the morning, I pin it on them. :blah:

I was born at a weird time. 1984, making me either a very young Gen Xer or a very old member of (the other nightmare) gen Y. :blah:

• Members

I do know people who would be intimidated by a stranger stepping into their path and trying to engage in conversation. Obviously it wouldn't bother anyone here but some people are weird about {censored} like that.

I am weird as {censored} when it comes to strangers striking up conversation with me, but my first thought is not to shoot them. It just makes me uncomfortable, not in a frightened way, just an anti-social way. Thats what I'm still not getting about this dude, his first thought was about how he didn't have a gun with him? I still think he's probably just a bitch.

• Members

Thats what I'm still not getting about this dude, his first thought was about how he didn't have a gun with him?

A lot of people who carry weapons everywhere tend to be like that. They experience a lot of anxiety when they can't carry it and kind of jump to the worst possible outcome for any given situation. I don't really understand it but I imagine it's similar to having to go out and about without a wallet or if you're a commuter having to travel without your man-purse full of random {censored}.

• Members

If your wallet or satchel could kill people.

Huh? You don't carry anything that causes you anxiety when it isn't there? It doesn't matter what it is or whether or not you like guns or any other bull{censored}. Just trying to give some insight into why this {censored} freaked out when some Canadians got in his face.

Archived