Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 Plus - use overseas?

webinfront

• Members

So I've got one of these effects power units and I'm leaving for a tour in Australia in a few days. I was initially considering buying a trex fueltank chameleon because it swtiches from North American voltage to Australian voltage. However, some of the people organizing the tour have offered to rent a voltage converter/transformer so that I can use my North American Pedal Power 2 plus in Australia. This is a much cheaper alternative, but I'm not certain that it will work. Does anyone see any problem with just converting the voltage with one of these units?

• Members

I just got back from a European tour where I used one through a converting transformer and everything worked fine. I also tried out a FuelTank with the 110/230v switching over there and that option made a couple of my pedals hum like crazy, even after a ton of troubleshooting...If I were you, I'd take your PP2+ and use their converter...We ended up using a single conversion transformer to run my board, our singer's board, and a small amp with no problems.

Have fun down under!

Archived