OT: Nardwuar vs. Henry Rollins 1998 + 2011

• Members

damn, that first video is mind numbing. I'm not even going to bother with the second. I never liked Henry Rollins but I had to feel for him having to to sit through that guy. What was the point? Just seemed like one of those self-conscious hipter scenesters who think that just dressing up and adopting some vaguely silly mannerisms is supposed to make for great "ironic" entertainment, somehow? I don't know. I guess it's one of those intrinsically Canadian things, like the Bare Naked Ladies.

• Members

damn, that first video is mind numbing. I'm not even going to bother with the second. I never liked Henry Rollins but I had to feel for him having to to sit through that guy. What was the point? Just seemed like one of those self-conscious hipter scenesters who think that just dressing up and adopting some vaguely silly mannerisms is supposed to make for great "ironic" entertainment, somehow? I don't know. I guess it's one of those intrinsically Canadian things, like the Bare Naked Ladies.

• Members

Nardwuar is a music history lesson, not a typical interview of "so how's the new album? how's the tour going?" stuff. he really digs back, does the research and knows his {censored}. if the interviewee doesn't play along and in general acts like a dick (rollins, courtney love), then things fall apart, but then it's just awkward and funny. even though he's a punk scene guy, many of his best interviews are with rappers (Snoop especially) because they always seem to be more willing to dig into their influences and samples.

• Members

you should check out the interview with sonic youth. they're probably more annoyed than you with him.

those are funny and silly, and more pensive as they aged :lol:

the one with that rapper, nardwaur blew his mind with the record he brought him as a gift

• Members

Bare naked ladies 'snacktime' album rules...

Archived